compact boiler to fit in a very small cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
does any of you installers no of any combi boilers that are more or less 315mm deep? thats how deep my old boiler is and its a neat fit

i could adjust door frame out to give a little but at most 10mm

my current old ideal elan has finally gave up after about 24 years and is fitted in the hallway in my cupboard.

i have a 1 bed flat

i would prefer to have my new boiler in the same cupboard and vented through roof as i am really stuck for space on an outside wall without major upheaval of either kitchen or bedroom

would it be possible to use the existing flue which was replaced about 8 years ago or do i have to replace it.

many thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Broag Avanta Plus will easily fit that dimension, but don't forget about the condensate disposal and the prv discharge pipe for a combi, or sealed system boiler, that is if you actually mean a combi is replacing an Ideal Elan.

Broag Avanta Plus will easily fit that dimension, but don't forget about the condensate disposal and the prv discharge pipe for a combi, or sealed system boiler, that is if you actually mean a combi is replacing an Ideal Elan.

ideal elan is in cupboard at present and want to replace with a combi,ive been advised to fit a combi

Ok, it's just that some posters get confused between a condensing boiler and a combi ;)

Sponsored Links

would you recommend this boiler dave ?

as it s dimensions are ideal and is this legally able to be installed under the regulations?

could this boiler be vented through the roof? i reckon the old flu to the point where it exits roof is 4-5 metres long.

really appreciate any advice.

If 315mm is really the maximum depth you have, then yes I would recommend this boiler (sized to your hot water needs and preferences).

They may not be the best built on the market, but are an excellent budget boiler. You can get the vertical flue option that would suit you, but you need to check the siting for the prv and condensate as I previously mentioned, especially the prv outlet to outside ;)

I am tending to specify these more often now as my prefered boiler, ATAG, is often not suitable due to its physical depth ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back