Compact Fluorescents downlighters and the wattages?

yea

Non-Maintained
The lamp operates only in the event of a mains failure.

Maintained
The lamp operates at all times and stays lit for the minimum emergency duration after a mains failure.

Combined Non-Maintained
The luminaire has two or more lamps. One is energised from the battery; the others are lit from the mains. The battery operated lamp is only lit in the event of a mains failure.

Combined Maintained
The luminaire has two or more lamps. All lamps are energised from the mains supply and operate during normal operation, and only one of them is illuminated during a mains failure.

yea?

Sponsored Links
yea

Non-Maintained
The lamp operates only in the event of a mains failure.

Maintained
The lamp operates at all times and stays lit for the minimum emergency duration after a mains failure.

Combined Non-Maintained
The luminaire has two or more lamps. One is energised from the battery; the others are lit from the mains. The battery operated lamp is only lit in the event of a mains failure.

Combined Maintained
The luminaire has two or more lamps. All lamps are energised from the mains supply and operate during normal operation, and only one of them is illuminated during a mains failure.

yea?

yea so that light im describing would be a combined non maintained light yea because one of them is lit all the time n the other 1 only came on when the power was switched off??

and i assume the 4pin lamps are always for emergency lamps yea? and two pins for normal use?

It is more likely maintained, whereas both lights are normally lit
If they are switchstart then the 4 pin lamp Will possibly need a new starter this is usually located in the emergency control box situated above the light

Sponsored Links
It is more likely maintained, whereas both lights are normally lit
If they are switchstart then the 4 pin lamp Will possibly need a new starter this is usually located in the emergency control box situated above the light

ah ok then, what do you mean by switchstart? and is the starter like a electronic type thing or one of those cylinder ones?

any good brands of these lights that you can recommend? with links for websites as well?

With switchstart, the light will flicker on startup. It may also exhibit some flickering during normal operation, and humm slightly.

Electronic ballasts are much better. I have two 2x13w fitings in my kitchen, I am very impressed with the light they throw out. Mine are electronic, completely silent and zero flickering, and instant start. Brilliant. 4 pin lamps. No emergency lights.

With switchstart, the light will flicker on startup. It may also exhibit some flickering during normal operation, and humm slightly.

Electronic ballasts are much better. I have two 2x13w fitings in my kitchen, I am very impressed with the light they throw out. Mine are electronic, completely silent and zero flickering, and instant start. Brilliant. 4 pin lamps. No emergency lights.

i thought the 4pins lamps was only the emegency lamps??

is that wrong then?

With switchstart
2 pin lamp
or
4 pin lamp with seperate starter

Emergency units
nearly always 4 pin, either electronic or with a starter

With hi frequency
nearly always 4 pin lamps

A 2 pin lamp has starter built in, which is why its only really used with a magnetic choke.

You have a 2 pin and a 4 pin combined fitting, if the 4 pin is not lit, its time to locate the starter, if fitted, possibly in the control unit for the emergency side

With switchstart
2 pin lamp
or
4 pin lamp with seperate starter

Emergency units
nearly always 4 pin, either electronic or with a starter

With hi frequency
nearly always 4 pin lamps

A 2 pin lamp has starter built in, which is why its only really used with a magnetic choke.

You have a 2 pin and a 4 pin combined fitting, if the 4 pin is not lit, its time to locate the starter, if fitted, possibly in the control unit for the emergency side

and when the starter is located is it a normal starter or what is it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back