competition winners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have you ever met anyone that has won a competition? You always see these million pound comps but have you ever met a winner? Or even a lottery winner?

I've got three customers that have had wins on the lottery. 1/2 a millionish.

Sponsored Links
won a canalboat holiday with a scratch card a few years ago
and also won a canal video cassette in a prize draw :LOL:
never won anything on the lottery but that's cause i won't buy a ticket LOL

I've won a quid every week since the lottery started.

Remember a certain ***** binman who won? Had him for a client. Knob bounced a cheque on me ffs.

Sponsored Links
Have you ever met anyone that has won a competition? You always see these million pound comps but have you ever met a winner? Or even a lottery winner?

meet a winner... I have wone over 100 million quid/dollars over the past 5 years.

It has not changed me at all. Probably coz they were all notifications in scam emails and I never made a claim. :LOL: :LOL:

I won about £200 worth of 1000V insulated bahco tools from professional electrician magazine recently :D

I also won £37 on the bonus ball in the pub about a year ago.

I won a Matchbox diecast Tornado plane from one of the tabloids once - some sort of competition to 'celebrate' the bombing in the 1st Gulf War, IIRC. LOL - probably was The Sun

Then there was a £25 Screwfix voucher from some new start-up building news site - I can't remember which .... never visited since . LOL

And IIRC, on the lottery since it started, probably no more than 5 x £10 wins and one £75.

Thats it.

I do think myself lucky though, as I am the guy that would win a roll-over jackpot of £14 million, and have to share it with .... 14 million other winners that week. How annoying would that be?

Or I'd win the jackpot, put it in the bank, and then the damn bank would go bust. That would be just my luck

My wife won £1000, off a scratch card that was in the Pilot magazine which I used to subscribe to, when I was flying..
The occasional prize is out there :LOL: can't remember me getting a cut though :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wotan

met a lottery winner once. We were doing a dive on his private fishing lake. he kept talking about jetting off her there and everywhere. I jokingly asked if he had won the lottery and he said yes! He wouldn't tell us how much though. They were a real down to earth couple, who had been living on a grim council estate in the north when they won.

He said the night they won, they phoned Camelot, who came and picked them up and took them straight to a hotel in London. They then give them a Camelot credit card, which tides them over till they get the cheque on Monday. He asked for beer instead of champagne at the presentation.
His wife said that when they presented the cheque he took one look at it and gave it back to the Camelot rep and said it was wrong. She got all flustered and said it wasn't, then he pointed out he'd also won a tenner two lines down, so they had to change the cheque.

They never went back to their house, they just got a removal firm to go in and clear it the next day for them.

Oh to dream!

Most i've ever won was £95ish on a £5 bet on a horse - paid for a weekend away!! My auntie won £25k on the Spot-the-Ball just over 20 yrs ago (so it was a substantial amount of money back then) and they bought a new house with it. And i also know someone who won two tickets to a Man Utd game after correctly picking the Goal-of-the-month and on MOTD!

Nothing more exciting than that though!

Won a 800 quid stereo system in the sun, checked an old email address that i hadn`t used in years and had 1 saying i had won 100 quid and had a few days left to claim. Cheque arrived in post couple of days later.
Know 4 big lottery winners 2 won half a million and the other 2 won 2 million .
One of the half million ones treated 4 of her mates to boob jobs and i mate who already had a good handful to a car

my cousin was in a syndicate that won a million on the pools almost twenty years ago. an ex neighbour won first prize on spot the ball. carried on working cos he was after his redundo. a mate also won first prize on stb aged just 23. he blew the lot and is still working. i got a tenner on the lottery last week.

Sponsored Links
Back