Composite sinks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am new to this forum and find it very useful I need a bit of info please :p
I have just taken out a stainless steel sink going to replace it with a black composite sink with stainless steel tap I still have the earth wire which was used for the old sink but what do I do with it as there is no fixture facility on the new sink as I can see but what about the tap if I use the wire for the tap where would I attach it
Hope you can help

Sponsored Links
If fed by copper pipes then a Tenby clip on the pipe is used. If feed and drain are plastic then no need for earth cable.

The idea of earth cable is to stop a fault in one location from being transmitted to another location and with plastic pipes this can't happen so no need to earth.

If the house is modern wired with RCD's on all circuits then the earth wires are also not required. However if wired to previous regulations then the requirements for earthing may still be valid and Tenby clips are easy to fit.

Thank you very much for your reply :LOL: we now know what to do and can get on with our job
Thanks again :D

Sponsored Links
There's been no requirement for supplementary bonding in kitchens for several decades now...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back