Comsumable price increase looming?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had an email from an online tool supplier stating that ITW, the makers of Paslode and Spit are to increase the cost of consumables - especially nails, from 1st June. Due to international steel prices apparently.

Don't know if its a bit of marketing scaremongering, as it does not say how much they are going up. I also thought that the patent on the Paslode nails had ended and that the cost was actually lowering as other manufacturers started to produce the nails.

But if it is true, then I wonder if other manufacturers/suppliers are to follow suit?

Sponsored Links
5% increase
there are many other versions of the paslode nail , most of which are cheaper , and all of those will be going up aswell
steel prices are going through the roof for various reasons . Was talking to a importer of collated screws and the price to him has gome up by 30% !!!!!!
Most suppliers are trying to absorb as much of the increases as possible - but they cant do that for ever .
Time to stock up :eek:

Sheet steel prices since January this year, have risen by 40% , expect costs to increase.

Sponsored Links
GordonBrown.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back