Concealed cistern replacement without breaking tiles?

Joined
6 Oct 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Country
United Kingdom
The concealed cistern in my partners flat has been leaking from the flush pipe area. I suspect it is cracked and will need replacing. Looking at these photos do you think it will be possible without breaking tiles or removing the btw pan? The only access is through the top or through the flush plate. I guess if I can do it without disturbing the pan end of the flush pipe too much I should be ok? Or am I asking for trouble?
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20261006-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20261006-WA0002.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-20261006-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20261006-WA0001.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 7
Look up flush plate removal.
Be easier and another access point.

Look for brand markings as will help to be specific
 
Thanks. Yes getting the flush plate out makes sense and looks easy enough. So you reckon I should try and fit a like-for-like replacement if I can? Is that so the flush pipe and other fittings line up ok? Is there any danger of me pulling the flush pipe off the pan and not being able to get it back on?
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top