Concept 6 fault (?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
V. useful site! Got the user manual for the non-working Concept 6 that I've inherited and I'm about to tackle it. Before I do I thought I'd check in with people who know better....!

The Remote Keypad Unit shows no signs of life (so I can't actually use the system) but the CPU shows a power light on and the sensor units also show power and are responsive.

Any ideas before I remove the covers and cause my neighbours ear-ache that I might not be able to stop? (Apart from hire someone who knows better).

Regards

Tony

Sponsored Links
Have you got any power getting to the keypad (have you measured it)?

check the power and the fuses first?

if you have a 12v battery you can connect that to the keypad on its own to see if it powers up.

K1 and K2 are the power terminals so measure across there.

keypad on a short piece of cable of new cable just in case its been damaged.

Thanks Hoover, will do.

Not taken covers off yet because I wanted to have a plan before I set the thing's anti-tamper sensor off.

I guess if there's power to the keypad then it's a new one?

Regards

Sponsored Links
To be honest seen some posts knocking about saying they couldn't find replacement keypads.

Unless anyone knows thst you can get them still then it could be time to replace the whole thing unfortunately

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back