Scantronic 9800 spy alarm fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all. Have inherited a rather old Spy system in our new house and managed to hack through a Viper window sensor cable while moving a cupboard. I’ve gel
Clipped them together but the keypad is showing a fault (currently rt due to too many attempts at resetting it!).

I have powered down the system and disconnected the battery and reconnected but still no joy.

I have the engineers manual and assume the engineers code is still the same as listed but have no idea how to reset it. I also have my user code.

Is this an easy reset or should I get an engineer in? Trying to determine if it’s worth saving or…. Modern smart alarm etc.

TIA
Ben

Sponsored Links
Bite the bullet and replace the alarm panel as it’s not been made for over 20 years , sooner or later the keypad buttons are going to play up anyway

Thanks. If they can be upgraded then great. Assume I will need an engineer?. Can anyone recommend anyone in Kent/Bromley?!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back