Concept Alarm not charging back up battery and general?'s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi got a concept alarm that is in a rented property. About 2 years ago I got a call from the occupiers who said that the alarm was going off in the night and they silenced it not sure what they done (altough on recent inspection it looks like that have removed one wire from the internal optional sounder and placed one of the others in the stobe output! Note they were not using the alarm so it was always in day mode.

I now have a new person moving in who wants to use the alarm. All appears to be working although the battery is obviously had it but the charging circuit is only outputting 7v (I guess roughly half what it should). And also the internal additonal speaker is not working when wired across the speaker output.

Also there is a funny aditional box that one of the zones goes through

Attached is the inside of the panel (note the burnt out resistor anyone know the value of this?) and also the additonal box that I dont know what it is for (appears to have a pot in it and also some Jumpers).

Any help v much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

The resistor forms part of the battery charging circuit which is shot, I would recommend a new panel to be honest, even if you repair the resistor, the issue with the internal speaker might still exist and the cost of a new panel will save time and money in the long run.

The additional PCB is an inertia analyser used to connect unpowerd vibration devices, these will typically be found on windows.

Thanks for that. The extra box is on the zone that I have not managed to set off during my testing so must be a vibration sensor. TBH I dont really want to spend too much on the system so if I can get the battery back up working I am happy. Even if I cant get the charging circuit back working can I purchase a separate mains fed charger for the sealed battery that is plugged into the mains. The speaker is the additonal one located under the stairs by the PCB so not really an issue if that doesn't work.

Tks

Bet you could peel an orange in your pocket!?

Seriously not worth the hassel doing what you've suggested. Just bung in a Optima G4, pretty much like for like! Half a day to swap/commission tops longs there's no wiring issues.

Sponsored Links
Not really I just like to fix things. Next time your TV is broke or boiler for the the sake of an 11p component feel free to purchase/install commission a whole new system.

You`ll find replacing the part wont help.
Also that is not a resistor, so good luck.

But you feel free to carry on.

Well changed the resistor out and I now have 14.2volts charging.

@ Alarm if it is not a resistor then what is it?

Yep is slightly high, only resistor I could get was a 67ohm @ 2W need a slightly higher resistance to bring it down. Any ideas but was limited to what I could get @ 6:30 on a Friday Evening.

Cant try the extended speaker yet but that issue might be the actual speaker itself as the idiots had wired across the strobe circuit during there panic to silence. But if that is shot then no hassle as the one on the keypad is working fine

Still like to know what Mr Alarm thinks the mystery component is. So far cost has been 21p.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back