concrete for small drive?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to lay a concrete drive about 4m by 2m and depth of about 12" to 3" slope.

I've looked at the paving expert but cannot make head of tail of that.

What do i need Sand/Gravel all in and cement or seperate, really i would only want to buy one lot.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
a 4mx2m at 150mm thick would roughly take 2.5 tonnes of sand and gravel mixed, (ballast, down south) with about 16, 25kg bags of cement. this equates to 1.2m3 ( cubed) not enough to justify large readymix as part load charges would make it untenable. maybe a minimix company could compete.

Thanks, what i ment was the ratio of the mix? i.e 4 parts ballast to 1 part cement and a splash of water.

Sponsored Links
i normally get a minimix type company in when i do driveways. for what you pay its not much more expensive than buying the materials yourself. You dont have the hassle of mixing it, you get a uniform mix and everywhere is clean and tidy. Its literally done and dusted in 15 minutes (apart from tamping and finishing it off that is!)and you only pay for what you use. If youre not sure on mixing it yourself, then its probably the better route to go as they will do the right mix and consistency for you. Get it wrong and youll have a cracked driveway!
Have a look in the yellow pages theres usually a few big boys that do it and quite often the local independent companies will do it for you.
If it helps ive just done a small driveway and was paying £95 m3 +vat and a small delivery charge

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back