concrete slab and drain advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to rip up an area of 5mx5m tarmac and replace it with concrete slab(4", about 2.5m3 i think) to use as a dog run. I know how to lay sub-base etc, but wanted some advice on details.

I think it will need dividing bays (will be getting ready mix), and I wanted to include a linear drain ( into existing rainwater drain. Area has exisiting garden/house walls on three sides, so whats the best way to lay it and include boundary and bay expansion/contraction (12mm flexcell) joints in one day/pour. (i.e how to tamp down when you only have access to one side)

no mesh reinforcement planned!

Or an I trying to be too clever and should just use 4x1 all round and then remove and fill in gaps (though am DIY to don't have access to hot bitumen and professional joint fillers seem very expensive)? Also want to minimise chance of dogs scratching it out.

thanks

Sponsored Links
A note of caution, connecting a drain into the rainwater drain maybe an issue. Dog fouling/wash down should really be directed into a foul drain.

noted, but they(2 dogs) already have the run of the drive way. when they do foul it I clean it up any residue already goes into the surface water drains. Its not a commercial thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back