Condenser Pipe and Fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to run a condenser pipe from my boiler and run it into a downpipe. Picture attached. And yes, that is a bit of washing machine pipe coming out of the wall!

I've had a look on youtube and seen that ideally there really should be an airgap. I've found what I think is the right pipe from Screwfix :

https://www.screwfix.com/p/jg-speedfit-15bpex-41640-push-fit-pe-x-pipe-15mm-x-3m/46140

Can anyone post a link to show me a fitting to go onto the down pipe which will allow for an air gap between the condenser pipe and the down-pipe?

One other question, when I manage to get someone to come along and do the work, is it recommended that the condenser pipe running from the boiler, goes out through the wall, below that gas pipe? Currently it is above a gas pipe which runs from the mains meter to the boiler.

20210321_133757.jpg

Sponsored Links
is the boiler in a room such as a kitchen, which contains a sink or other thing with a waste pipe?

No, Speedfit isn't suitable. Internally it should be overflow pipe. Passing through the wall and running outside it should be minimum 30mm internal diameter and insulated with weatherproof insulation. It's not permitted to run it into a rainwater drain, it must go to foul waste, unless it's neutralised using a suitable condensate neutraliser first (or you have a combined sewerage & rainwater system).

Screenshot_20210318-224231_Drive.jpg

Hi

I want to run a condenser pipe from my boiler and run it into a downpipe. Picture attached. And yes, that is a bit of washing machine pipe coming out of the wall!

I've had a look on youtube and seen that ideally there really should be an airgap. I've found what I think is the right pipe from Screwfix :

https://www.screwfix.com/p/jg-speedfit-15bpex-41640-push-fit-pe-x-pipe-15mm-x-3m/46140

Can anyone post a link to show me a fitting to go onto the down pipe which will allow for an air gap between the condenser pipe and the down-pipe?

One other question, when I manage to get someone to come along and do the work, is it recommended that the condenser pipe running from the boiler, goes out through the wall, below that gas pipe? Currently it is above a gas pipe which runs from the mains meter to the boiler.

View attachment 227564
Nope that is completely wrong, ask your installer for advice dont use whay you are proposing

Sponsored Links
is the boiler in a room such as a kitchen, which contains a sink or other thing with a waste pipe?

Hi

In a sense. Yes, it's in the kitchen. No where near the sink and waste pipes - they are all on a different wall. In 2 or 3 years, the kitchen will hopefully be extended and the boiler will be put in to a small utility room.

No, Speedfit isn't suitable. Internally it should be overflow pipe. Passing through the wall and running outside it should be minimum 30mm internal diameter and insulated with weatherproof insulation. It's not permitted to run it into a rainwater drain, it must go to foul waste, unless it's neutralised using a suitable condensate neutraliser first (or you have a combined sewerage & rainwater system).

View attachment 227585

Hi

Many thanks for this diagram. The pipe which I want the condenser water to goes directly into the sewers - had all the drains up and got it confirmed.

Do I need to get a gas engineer to do this job, or can I get a regular plumber?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back