Condensers have had it! Well, According to the DM they have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I've also installed Honeywell in mansions and granny flats alike, so I still don't get your point that the Horse of the Year Show Set pay for better heating brands than the rest.

Honeywell made the aquatrol 2000. I don't think you would fit that in a granny flat. Not sure what the successor is.
Doitalls projects will have involved dedicated control engineers who I don't think would waste their time fitting say two channel salus programmers in granny flats. ;)

Sponsored Links
But I've also installed Honeywell in mansions and granny flats alike, so I still don't get your point that the Horse of the Year Show Set pay for better heating brands than the rest.

Honeywell made the aquatrol 2000. I don't think you would fit that in a granny flat. Not sure what the successor is.
Doitalls projects will have involved dedicated control engineers who I don't think would waste their time fitting say two channel salus programmers in granny flats. ;)

Correct they are made for purpose control panels. Still a lot of Honeywell ancillaries involved/fitted.

Bigger stuff would be ESBE, Crane, Hattersley.

Controls are important and in larger homes will be very expensive, I am working on a large property in Regents Park, all the system, boiler, cylinder, UFH, air handling unit and air con are all controlled by a bespoke BMS system, costing in the region of £40,000 just for the controls, including installation.

I am working on a large property in Regents Park, all the system, boiler, cylinder, UFH, air handling unit and air con are all controlled by a bespoke BMS system, costing in the region of £40,000 just for the controls, including installation.

So what.

Sponsored Links
I am working on a large property in Regents Park, all the system, boiler, cylinder, UFH, air handling unit and air con are all controlled by a bespoke BMS system, costing in the region of £40,000 just for the controls, including installation.

So what.

So the cost of controls are significantly more expensive in large properties with people who have money

Ultimately, be it a programmable stat and TRVs in a bungalow or a Building Management System in a stately home, the desired result is exactly the same.... Maximum comfort for minimum fuel consumption but all the clever stuff is worthless if the condensate freezes and backs up into the boiler....

Your the one with all the questions, but when you are given answers you just get abusive, I am just answering your question where you seem to think that controls in a granny flat and a mansion are the same, well £40,000 on controls is not something that most could afford, this will be a bespoke system, that controls everything from one computer, also internet access to the system allowing alterations to the settings and checking on the system is availiable, which means that you know something is wrong with the system before the customer does, I don't think the typical punter could afford that type of system, do you?

So the cost of controls are significantly more expensive in large properties with people who have money

Only because there's more of it and the bill comes to that. Or perhaps do you imagine the owner goes out to buy a Range Rover, a fishing rod, suits from Daks, guns from Purdey and oh yes 'one simply must have £40K's worth of Honeywell toot from that low-life tradesman'.

Only because there's more of it and the bill comes to that. Or perhaps do you imagine the owner goes out to buy a Range Rover, a fishing rod, suits from Daks, guns from Purdey and oh yes 'one simply must have £40K's worth of Honeywell toot from that low-life tradesman'.

No, its because it is a bespoke system, it is not off the shelf stuff, as there are not controls availiable off the shelf that will control the Boilers, UFH, Hot water Cylinder, air conditioning, air handling unit, at the same time, monitoring every room temperature and allowing access to the system to make any changes remotely.

Your the one with all the questions, but when you are given answers you just get abusive, I am just answering your question where you seem to think that controls in a granny flat and a mansion are the same, well £40,000 on controls is not something that most could afford, this will be a bespoke system, that controls everything from one computer, also internet access to the system allowing alterations to the settings and checking on the system is availiable, which means that you know something is wrong with the system before the customer does, I don't think the typical punter could afford that type of system, do you?

The brand is no different, the build quality is no different, It costs much more because they're having much more, don't you understand it's not like a range cooker of equivalent size and power where one brand costs £1500 the other £15K.

The brand is no different, the build quality is no different, It costs much more because they're having much more, don't you understand it's not like a range cooker of equivalent size and power where one brand costs £1500 the other £15K.

No its you that does not understand, if you have a Bespoke system it will be more expensive than an off the shelf system, its as simple as that, when you buy a suit in Saville Row, it costs more becuse a Tailor will make the suit to your size, its not because he uses more material is it

The build quality is far better.

The difference between a Honeywell programmer and a Salus for example.

Silverback for someone who works for what 3% of the population in say the equivalent percentage of properties what makes you such an expert in what the other 97% want to spend what they will listen to and how the houses are built.

You and DIA agree that customers would not flinch about additional drain being put in for the condensate well when this is dearer than the average domestic job, guess what the standard customer just doesnt go for it.

Horses for courses and as much as i respect DIA you have to know what your market wants /expects and is prepared to pay for in standard domestic systems you have not got a clue . Basically by thinking every condensate can be run internally and customer will accept what will end up as a 3 inch lagged pipe accross there front or back wall is feking nonsense

No its you that does not understand, if you have a Bespoke system it will be more expensive than an off the shelf system, its as simple as that, when you buy a suit in Saville Row, it costs more becuse a Tailor will make the suit to your size, its not because he uses more material is it

The material will be of superior quality, as will the stitching, buttons, lining, lapels, zips and pockets. It will be hand made by a time served craftsman. Your controls will be made of the exact same material as any other controls, they will be mass produced in a factory for barely a living wage. They will be cobbled together by half a**ed tradesmen with planned diagram help from manufacturers and will only be bespoke in so far as the neighbours haven't got one.

The material will be of superior quality, as will the stitching, buttons, lining, lapels, zips and pockets. It will be hand made by a time served craftsman. Your controls will be made of the exact same material as any other controls, they will be mass produced in a factory for barely a living wage. They will be cobbled together by half a**ed tradesman with planned diagram help from manufacturers and will only be bespoke in so far as the neighbours haven't got one.

I'm afraid you are wrong, far superior quality components will be used and the main controller will be built specifically for this project, also the software will be specific to this project, so a bit like the superior stiching, button lining etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back