Condensers have had it! Well, According to the DM they have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think the owner of this house would be worried about a few extra quid for a 1st class job.

Incidentally the refurb was over £6mill. :eek:

View media item 29452

I don't know you so won't necessarily apply this, but I have found people who bark about the size of their customers wallets similar to those weasels that think they're a bit tasty cos' they drive a tipper lorry or walk round with an offensive dog.

Sponsored Links
So you think the owner of this house would be worried about a few extra quid for a 1st class job.

Incidentally the refurb was over £6mill. :eek:

View media item 29452

I don't care if the refurb exceeded the national debt of Mexico, the heating system would only cost more than that of a studio flat because it's bigger and there's more of it.

there is a big difference in price of UFH, if you want cheap carp that won't work very well use Polypipe, but if you want quality that works very well, then Jupiter or similar would be used, which is more expensive, because much higher quality materials are used and the system is well designed

You may be right but the average working man/woman has to count the penny's, they want cheap, and then pay the likes of BG £2-300 quid a year to keep it working hopefully.

So the Jupiter is only used in mansions and not available to someone building or refurbing a 3 or 4 bed house who wants a decent UFH system?

Sponsored Links
So the Jupiter is only used in mansions and not available to someone building or refurbing a 3 or 4 bed house who wants a descent UFH system?

of course it is, but you just answered the question "who wants a descent UFH system? you get what you pay for, I never said anything about the size of property it is installed into, just you have cheap carp and good quality.

So the Jupiter is only used in mansions and not available to someone building or refurbing a 3 or 4 bed house who wants a decent UFH system?

No it's available to anyone, but their budget isn't either large enough or affordable.

just you have cheap carp and good quality.

Yes, but I see as many Vaillants, Viessmanns, WB's etc installed in social housing and private lets as anywhere else. The only difference with quality brand names, in the mansions, I see are bathrooms and kitchens.

In short, the customer relies on us as the experts to advise... Has anyone ever thought of saying to a customer "No, your boiler cannot go there because....." I have and yes I have lost jobs because of it.... Been to several houses where I have lost the job because of my bloody mindedness over the last few weeks to defrost the condensate and to sell them my own trace heating kit... What the customer wants is not always what is best for the customer..... We Germans have to stamp down mit der Jackboot for your own good! ;)

Trace heating is used in cold stores to keep the condensate pipes clear and free and temps of minus 20c poses little problem.... Granted it is never good to have to add another mechanical device as machines do fail but sometimes it is not an option..

just you have cheap carp and good quality.

Yes, but I see as many Vaillants, Viessmanns, WB's etc installed in social housing and private lets as anywhere else. The only difference with quality brand names, in the mansions, I see are bathrooms and kitchens.

Viessmann are the only one on your post I would consider as quality, but only the 200 range and above, not the 100 which was made for the mass market

The largest majority of home owners in the UK.

No doubt the cost of retro-fitting any UFH system would put many people off, mainly because of the disruption and labour cost. However for those that do take the plunge, you're suggesting that the difference between a proprietry brand and the Jupiter UFH system is beyond the budget of over 50% of homeowners in the UK.

[Viessmann are the only one on your post I would consider as quality, but only the 200 range and above, not the 100 which was made for the mass market

The point I'm making is that they're all dearer than the cheapest but are in no way exclusive the those with a big heating budget. To simplify, I don't believe a top end market for heating products exists in the same way it does for bathrooms, kitchens, furnishings etc.

By the way... I tend to connect up to a waste pipe that is regularly used such as a kitchen sink or hand basin... Most folk tend to use hot water to wash their dishes or hands after going to the loo and so everytime the sink is used, then the ice is partially or fully removed... Hot water and all that.

As for folk needing a big budget for their installer to use their brains, well... I fitted a customer supplied Heatline Vizo some years ago and connected it's condensate to the wash basin. I service it annually and if her condensate had frozen, then she would have been on the phone like a woodpecker.. Cheap boiler, bit of common, happy customer

The largest majority of home owners in the UK.

No doubt the cost of retro-fitting any UFH system would put many people off, mainly because of the disruption and labour cost. However for those that do take the plunge, you're suggesting that the difference between a proprietry brand and the Jupiter UFH system is beyond the budget of over 50% of homeowners in the UK.

I wouldn't say it's beyond the budget of the 50% of the houseowners, I would say it's what they want or can afford.

Typically a houseowner will get 3 quotes and go for the cheapest every time, even when the higher ones are a far better spec.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back