Condensers have had it! Well, According to the DM they have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Viessmann are the only one on your post I would consider as quality, but only the 200 range and above, not the 100 which was made for the mass market

The point I'm making is that they're all dearer than the cheapest but are in no way exclusive the those with a big heating budget. To simplify, I don't believe a top end market for heating products exists in the same way it does for bathrooms, kitchens, furnishings etc.

Oh it does, how about state of the arts so you can control the temperature in every room from you computer.

Sponsored Links
Typically a houseowner will get 3 quotes and go for the cheapest every time, even when the higher ones are a far better spec.

The equivalent % of homeowners in mansions will do the same unless they have some knowledge and choose the better spec. But then those with knowledge in a smaller house might do likewise.

Anyway this whole topic was started on what the Daily Mail had to say, what the **** do they know about heating, or the journalist who wrote it, again the media preaching on something they know nothing about, we should be more concerned with telling these media outlets to shut up, as they know nothing of what they speak

Oh it does, how about state of the arts so you can control the temperature in every room from you computer.

Again you'll only require that because the property is much bigger. Also although the interface will no doubt be part of the controls package, the computer hardware/software, remote laptop wireless link up, associated indoor wiring etc etc etc.. are not heating products.

Sponsored Links
Anyway this whole topic was stared on what the Daily Mail had to say, what the **** do they know about heating, or the journalist who wrote it, again the media preaching on something they know nothing about, we should be more concerned with telling these media outlets to shut up, as they know nothing of what they speak

They are just like any consumer who have a problem with something they didn't have a problem with before. It can be blamed on installers, but the installer base didn't change overnight after April 1 2005.

Controls are an important part of any heating system, the better they are the cheaper the running cost (supposedly)

Weather compensation can be fitted to any system even a two up two down, whether they would ever get their money back is another story.

The point is they wouldn't spend the money in the first place, and if it wasn't a requirement I'm damn sure most wouldn't go for TRV's on all the radiators.

Seems the debate is hot between 'need to instal condensate so it does not freeze up' and those that believe it will freeze regardles.

Over the year have installed about 6 steamers. All were plumbed with care so that condensate did not freeze up. Did not get a call from these clients who would have called if there had been a problem. By the way, temperature in Glasgow dropped to -13 and stayed in double figures for days before it became a national emergency when there was a mini freeze south of Watford Gap.

Seems the debate is hot between 'need to instal condensate so it does not freeze up' and those that believe it will freeze regardles.

Over the year have installed about 6 steamers. All were plumbed with care so that condensate did not freeze up. Did not get a call from these clients who would have called if there had been a problem. By the way, temperature in Glasgow dropped to -13 and stayed in double figures for days before it became a national emergency when there was a mini freeze south of Watford Gap.

Exactly, if care is taken with the condense, route, size and protection if required, then there is no problem.

Anyway this whole topic was stared on what the Daily Mail had to say, what the **** do they know about heating, or the journalist who wrote it, again the media preaching on something they know nothing about, we should be more concerned with telling these media outlets to shut up, as they know nothing of what they speak

They are just like any consumer who have a problem with something they didn't have a problem with before. It can be blamed on installers, but the installer base didn't change overnight after April 1 2005.

They are not like any consumer, the media have access to large parts of the population and can influence the publics opinion, even if they are completely wrong, which they often are.

Controls are an important part of any heating system, the better they are the cheaper the running cost (supposedly)

Weather compensation can be fitted to any system even a two up two down, whether they would ever get their money back is another story.

The point is they wouldn't spend the money in the first place, and if it wasn't a requirement I'm damn sure most wouldn't go for TRV's on all the radiators.

Agreed about controls. Honeywell , Drayton, Danfoss etc. I see these brands in all property types. What brands do you fit in mansions to demonstrate your point that the elite buy different heating products to the hoi polloi. Are there any programmers, stats, TRVs, weather comps or junction boxes made by Tag Heuer, Rolex, Patek Phillipe or the like?

Also who are the 'they' as quoted in your script. By 'they' do you mean the great unwashed, the ordinary rank & file? Do you not see yourself as one just because your customers aren't?

Honeywell are the market leader large and small, but to make the point a Honeywell programmer can be twice the price of a cheap and nasty Salus. Look through these pages and see what installers think of some of the crap.

By they I do indeed mean the great unwashed :LOL: and consider myself in the same working class, nothing to be ashamed of in my eyes.

I've had to scrimp and save for everything I own, and saving a few quid was a major factor along the way, either that or not paying the mortgage. :rolleyes:

the media have access to large parts of the population and can influence the publics opinion, even if they are completely wrong, which they often are.

On the other hand other than the usual rogue trader tale, it's not often any media bother their ar*e about boilers so it doesn't look good in any of our books.

Honeywell are the market leader large and small, but to make the point a Honeywell programmer can be twice the price of a cheap and nasty Salus. Look through these pages and see what installers think of some of the crap.

I know I slag Salus more than anyone. But I've also installed Honeywell in mansions and granny flats alike, so I still don't get your point that the Horse of the Year Show Set pay for better heating brands than the rest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back