Condensing bolier flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighboor has just had his boiler replaced with a condensing one. It is situated in the sameplace as the original boiler. The flue discharges directly against the side of my extension and there is now running down the wall. Is this a problem that should be dealt with.

The problem is somewhat componded by a rather strained relationship with my neighbour so a discussion with him is not on the cards.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The flue discharges directly against the side of my extension and there is now running down the wall. Is this a problem that should be dealt with.

yes, the water is acidic and will corrode the brickwork and mortar. It is also contravening regulations as it is causing a nuisance. This could probably be avoided if the installer was to install a plume management kit. Essentially it needs rectifying. If you can't talk to your neighbour, is there anyway of contacting the installer directly? if he thinks that you may report the installation he may see fit to sort it off his own back.

i think i am right when i say that a flue MUST be at least 2 meters away from a boundary

Sure the others will confirm this or call me a plonker

:)

Sponsored Links
the measurement is irrelevant if its causing a nuisance but if its hitting the brickwork no doubt its within a couple of metres anyway.

Its not brilliant! If you install boilers you should know that figure as its essential for that work.

The OP has not elaborated on the type of neighborhood or the problem with the neighbour.

If they are rough dockers then you are not going to get anywhere with him and a complaint to the EHO would be the best cheap solution.

If they are accountants/solicitors then a letter followed by legal action would be an appropriate response.

Without knowing more I cannot make any definite suggestions.

Tony

i thought it was 600 from a boundary...no nuisance obviously

Its not brilliant! If you install boilers you should know that figure as its essential for that work.

you really are a po face humourless old wotsit aint you Tony

also who say I install boilers???

I service them.

and excuse me if at 0931 I dont remember the EXACT figure of the distance to a boundary. THATS why I left it open for another person to confirm it.

Be careful of walking on water Tony you may just sink.

I also mostly repair boiler rather than installing but I do like to be sure that I can correctly assess installed boilers to ensure they are fitted in accordance with regulations.

Some people we are told measure the height of room stats from the floor and opening windows.

You DO have to measure the location of smoke detectors for your ACS now though !

Tony

yep i know that

retook my Acs last month

also I DO ensure that all the boilers I service repair etc are installed correctly. and if I am not sure I look it up OR ask

And I see no harm in than, rather ask that be wrong.

I always work under the assumption that EVERY boiler I look at must have at least one NCS, and funnily enough that truism seem to be true, it also keeps you on your toes.

Also I was say "brilliant" to craigs bit of banter

cheer up you auld buggger

:)

Thats right fixed it.... and only charged £84 too.

But something was wrong with the pressure expansion vessel settings and all this gas and dust shot out of the AAV over the last few weeks.

I think that caused some complaints.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back