Conduit fittings - 1 1/2"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a quantity of old but new and unused galvanized 1 1/2" saddles standard heavy spacing conduit, plus a few boxes of a smaller but still imperial measurement conduit fittings. The smaller have no make just boxes of 25 x F42 assume that is the part number. Are these used still ?

Sponsored Links
Conduit is metric now, but the saddles should still be usable, the difference between metric and imperial there won't make much if any difference.

Any fittings with threaded connections will not be usable - metric threads are different and adaptors are required if adding metric to an older installation.

Might be some use to Gazzer23....???

Sorry, missed the inch and a half bit......:oops:

Sponsored Links
Conduit is metric now, but the saddles should still be usable, the difference between metric and imperial there won't make much if any difference.

Any fittings with threaded connections will not be usable - metric threads are different and adaptors are required if adding metric to an older installation.
These are photos of some clamps which might help identification - I assume they are described as conduit clamps ?

Attachments

• DSCF5523.JPG
    DSCF5523.JPG
    271.9 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCF5524.JPG
    DSCF5524.JPG
    325.8 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCF5533.JPG
    DSCF5533.JPG
    408.1 KB · Views: 147
I assume they are described as conduit clamps ?
Clamps or saddles.
Still usable for that size of conduit - however these things are very cheap to buy new, so very little value there.
1 1/2 inch electrical conduit isn't exactly a commonly used size either.

Clamps or saddles.
Still usable for that size of conduit - however these things are very cheap to buy new, so very little value there.
1 1/2 inch electrical conduit isn't exactly a commonly used size either.

I have about 100 of the new boxed clamps in 2 sizes (first and 2nd picture) and about 100 assorted sizes as seen on the table and in the large brown box behind them shown in the 3rd picture. it just seems such a waste to scrap them. I suppose I could offer them on Ebay all together and hope someone has a use for them. I could lump in the other conduit accessories shown in the pictures on the other thread and see what happens. If nothing then I won's feel too bad about scrapping them !

Forgive me if I'm a bit confused by that.

Anyway - now that you say they are for 2" diameter pipe, I'm even more certain that they look too flimsy to be used for 2" steel conduit.
I am trying to identify exactly what they are. As they are stored with other conduit fittings I thought they were similar in design, but am unable to locate make or the part number F42 and only have photos and dimensions to fo on. Do you think they are not conduit fittings but for another purpose ?

2" is even bigger than scaffold tube. OK - that is thick and strong, but 2" steel conduit is still going to be fairly substantial, so imagine that.

IHNI what those clips are for, and obviously I am only surmising on the basis of what they look like, and to me they do not look substantial enough to be used for 2" steel conduit, to me they look as though they'd be OK for 2" waste water pipe, or something similar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back