Configuring Texecom veritas remote keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am hoping that someone may be able to help me with a problem with configuring a Veritas remote keypad. I have just fitted a Texecom R8 panel in my sons house. I have also fitted a remote keypad in his hallway. The two keypads were wired up at the same time so when I powered up the system I assumed that both keypads would be configured and given different addresses. On powering up I was unable to use either keypad. I then disconnected one and the system worked.I have checked the wiring and it is OK. I then checked each keypad wiring them one at a time and both worked but will not work together. I feel that both keypads must be assigned the same address. How can I configure them in order to give them different addresses.
I know the installation manual says that DIP switch on the PCB is used but I am at a loss and have just lost what little hair I had left. Sorry to waffle on.:(:(

Sponsored Links
IMG_1579.PNG

Thanks Sparkymarka, I was looking at that this morning but my head has gone with this. With them both connected I cant use either pad, i have to disconnect one. They both show 1 on the keypad displays. I entered 09 with one wired up and tried to change it to two but I must be doing something wrong. How do i move it from 1 to 2. I can then wire the other one in and leave that as number one.
I fitted the same panel to my home a couple of years ago and later added a second keypad and had no problems. I think age has caught up with me.

Sponsored Links
Just change the dip switches as stated then downpour system and power up. Both keypads should be recognised now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back