Confusion about boiler loop

Engineer is a protected title (or it always used to be).

I went on a first aid course last week. I call myself a doctor now.

You are all quick to jump on anyone trying to DIY something you think they shouldn't. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Sponsored Links
Plumbing and heating engineer is my job title.

Most on here will only jump on those trying to work on gas.

"Engineers" (mechanical) are generally the worst because the believe they can fix anything. May well be true and are quite probably capable of performing the task as well as most gas engineers. However they won't have the equipment and training to test for safe operation.

People with a degree often feel they are special because they worked so hard for it.
Well unfortunately anyone can have a degree now it's not special.

I am/ was perfectly capable of going to university and getting a degree. My chosen career does not require it. In fact it allowed me to earn while most of my friends went off to university mounting tens of thousands in debt, only to find their degree means nothing.

I'm really glad I havnt got a degree. But I do know a few gas engineers who have one.

The gas industry has been ruined by allowing short routes in to the industry, sending under experienced over confident "engineers" out in the real world to **** **** up.

Engineer is a protected title (or it always used to be).

Not in general, in the UK. The protected title is "chartered engineer". Without the "chartered" bit, anyone can use the term. (AIUI)

I went on a first aid course last week. I call myself a doctor now.

I'm a professional electronic engineer.... and I can call myself a doctor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back