Connaught on stop at my local City Plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Connaught guy was refused goods at my local City Plumbing today, wouldn't serve not even for cash, he threw a mardy and stormed off saying, "well if you don't want my trade" it ain't complicated, pay your bill like everyone else and no problem, thats the trouble with this country, every one wants a free ride, it's little guys like me paying our bills on time subsidizing these bigger non payers, pay up like everyone else, try getting out of Tesco's without paying.

Sponsored Links
Connaught guy was refused goods at my local City Plumbing today, wouldn't serve not even for cash, he threw a mardy and stormed off saying, "well if you don't want my trade" it ain't complicated, pay your bill like everyone else and no problem, thats the trouble with this country, every one wants a free ride, it's little guys like me paying our bills on time subsidizing these bigger non payers, pay up like everyone else, try getting out of Tesco's without paying.

Can't beleive the counter would turn down CASH. Would be surprised if an employee offered it!

Sponsored Links
I worked for a Company that was always on the stop once, I was sent down to portsmouth to obtain a motor for an oil burner and fit it a a job nearby, however once again we were on the stop I offered to pay for the motor, but as the merchant pointed out the Company owed far more money than the value of a motor and they would not take cash for anything less thatn the amount owed, which I can understand, so after calling my office I was told to return to the office in essex (in the days before the M25,) this effectively meant I'd spent a day driving to portsmouth and back-easy money? I left the company shortly afterwards! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back