Connecting 6mm to hob cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m connecting a hob cable to a 6mm via a whiska weatherproof junction box underneath the cooker.

Do you know what gland sizes I need for the flat 6mm cable is it 20mm or 25mm.

Also what size wago connectors do I need I can see the 4mm ones on Screwfix but do they do a larger one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 70
Sponsored Links
The tenant is moving this week and have no time chiselling the wall to put a flush mount box and don’t think a surface mount one fits in. I’ll have a look, unless I put it I. The cabinet next to it

Can I actually place it here the cooker outlet?

Or attach it to the back wall?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
This would be my choice, fixed to the back wall

toolstation also do larger wago,s

Sponsored Links
Stuffing glands for twin and earth use special grommets 1684831007864.png it depends what your local suppliers have in stock, no good asking on here if in a hurry, need to ask your suppliers. From what you say internet buying will be too slow.

I ended up installing a flush MK cooker outlet, it didn't take that long as the back was a breeze block easily drilled out.
I did use a 47mm flush box that was a bit deeper than expected. Used a standard grommet, 6mm cable went through fine.

The problem is I did not use a mask while drilling this black dust and ended up with diarrhoea during the night. My body thought it was a virus!
I had the same issue before with brick dust. I really need to wear goggles and a mask!

A few weeks ago I was drilling a brick wall for another cooker outlet, when I woke up the following morning I opened my right eye and must have been brick dust logged into my eyelid went straight into my eye and blinking made it worse. I ended up on the eye hospital emergency department where the doctor said I scratched it and gave me drops for a week!

I still have the habit of showering at night. To me, it seemed daft to have a shower in the morning then get filthy during the day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back