connection to foul water pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm currently planning an ensuite and thus will need to get a new soil stack as the existing one is on the other side of the house. The foul water pipe runs along the back wallof the house and so my thinking is that we can access that and put in an inspection chamber and then run a new branch off that running parallel to the side of the house along the side passage up to a new soil stack.

My only concern is that the side alley is only one metre wide, is there likely to be an issue with running a pipe so close to the foundations of the property? Is this likely to be a problem?

Finally does anyone know a rough cost to get this done? Would it be easier / cheaper to just install a macerator? Any views would be gratefully received

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Drain doesn't have to be too deep alongside the house, so unlikely it'll cause any conflict with the foundations. If existing drain is ridiculously deep then your providing a chamber at the connection so any major height difference can be overcome if necessary.

A macerator will probably be easier and cheaper, but you'll regret it. I'd read this before going any further with that idea..... http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/humour.html

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back