Conscription.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thinkk this has been discussed but this is different. Anyway this vile word "conscription" has made all the youngsters sit up and finally take notice of the real world. "I'm not going to be ****ing conscripted". "I wont fight for this ****ing country." I very much doubt that it will actually come to that but by heck it's put the willies up those who live in their little plastic phone wold LOL.

Sponsored Links
The Germans are much better prepared.

Blimey let’s hope they are more clued up than some of the youngsters we have employed

Had one such fruit cake who could not get a ladder of a van roof rack because he could not find the end of the rope ( I s*** u not )

Another one who had to use a calculater on his phone to find the centre of a window sill

Measuring with a tape and halving the total did not compute :ROFLMAO: In his ead

Sponsored Links
Blimey let’s hope they are more clued up than some of the youngsters we have employed

Had one such fruit cake who could not get a ladder of a van roof rack because he could not find the end of the rope ( I s*** u not )

Another one who had to use a calculater on his phone to find the centre of a window sill

Measuring with a tape and halving the total did not compute :ROFLMAO: In his ead
Canon fodder are not known for their intelligence, and conscription is only really needed if there was to be a ground invasion, with a cannon fodder requirement. So we'll be OK.

I suspect the "news" is really a clever (maybe) bit of marketing to raise awareness of the military. I think many youngsters just don't even consider it as a career these days.

Anyway, we do have a massive advantage over Finland, Germany etc. in that a land invasion would be very unlikely. Before it gets that bad, England will be wiped clean with a nuclear attack.

Mind you we may have an advantage in one form
Of combat up
Close and personal combat the use of knives ???

I once sent a youngster round the shop on a hot day to get half a dozen assorted cold drinks. He was gone ages and came back empty handed. He admitted that he didn’t know how many ‘half a dozen' was. I said he should have asked the shopkeeper. He said he had and he didn’t know either!

I once sent a youngster round the shop on a hot day to get half a dozen assorted cold drinks. He was gone ages and came back empty handed. He admitted that he didn’t know how many ‘half a dozen' was. I said he should have asked the shopkeeper. He said he had and he didn’t know either!
Did he go to the Bakers?

Many years i took the lad and 2 of his mates for their army entrance exam
Picture of a SAS guy on the wall son mentions that my mate is one .
One of lads asks has he shot anyone .
Yep loads .
He then asks will i have to shoot anyone .
EH yes and someone will be shooting at you wtf do you think being in the army is all about .
OH i didnt realise that . Not the sharpest boy on the planet can`t remember if he took the offer of infantryman up

The UK, even more so Scotland, has spent too long thinking the worst could never and will never happen. Let's spend less on defence, let's reduce the size of our army, let's do away with the nuclear deterrent. Let's all have a love-in and cuddle each other.

Wishy washy fart merchants.

Now of course we're realising we can't spin up extra of these things quickly enough should we need them.

Fecking joke.

The UK needs to increase it's military capability but putting large numbers of teenagers into the army isn't paying attention to the requirements for a 21st century war: technology is key.

An official paper, Responsible Cyber Power in Practice, is the first policy statement from the body and is intended to describe how far the UK is prepared to fight back against growing organised online threats. Formally announced in 2020, the NCF is a joint operation between the GCHQ spy agency and the Ministry of Defence. It is the first time Britain’s cyber-attack capabilities have been grouped together in one acknowledged unit.

The Guardian.co.uk

Investing $3bn in a humungous aircraft carrier can project the UKs military power over seas and ocean but a well aimed missile can cripple its capability at a fraction of the cost. Prevention of conflict is necessary to maintain our infrastructure and trade links which an army cannot do if it has to be deployed around the world. An estimated $3tn was spent in Afghanistan to no real success so what use is an expanded army in an age of technical sophistication that can lay waste to them in weeks? At the time of Desert Storm in 1991, Iraq had the second largest army in the world and it took less than a month to destroy the lot of 'em.

The UK needs to increase it's military capability but putting large numbers of teenagers into the army isn't paying attention to the requirements for a 21st century war: technology is key.

From reading the written verse. I think numbers isn't as important as technology. Numbers I believe need upping but we are not the Roman empire. We just better hope our technology is better than what's coming from the east.
(Short)

The Americans had the right idea when it came to conscription.

Many years i took the lad and 2 of his mates for their army entrance exam
Picture of a SAS guy on the wall son mentions that my mate is one .
My mates son joined the para's. Him and loads more were met on the station platform at wherever it was - most of those on the train were joining up. He told me that one of the blokes in charge started screaming at them "Right you lot, if your going to miss your mum, or can’t get up early, or don't like being shouted at blah blah blah you can turn round and back on that fùcking train right now".

Three people did!

Sponsored Links
Back