Bit of brotherly advice anyone?

I too shy away from s'picious characters. I too have been involved in fights but am a completely cr@p fighter. I'd rather leg it.

I am 129Kg, and 6ft+.

Sponsored Links
There is a view that the more tough and macho and ready for a fight you are, the more likely you are to have one and therefore get hurt.

The people who get assaulted most are tough young men.

I'm a great believer in spending your time in marital arts rather than fighting.

JohnD said:
I'm a great believer in spending your time in *marital* arts rather than fighting.

Is that a typo or are you talking about getting your leg over?

Sponsored Links
Thanks people for the comments and advice.

Its quite comforting to know that its not unusual to feel threaten by groups of youfs and that flight over fight is a better option.

My girlfirend suggested I got your advice/comments and I'm glad I did.

So I guess its some sort of self defence as a confidence booster as much as for the actual defence.

Either that or I'll have to go with the slapping option. ;)

Chears :)
Tom

Just remember there is a vast amount of legal proffessionals that makes loads of money in protecting these thugs human rights.If you hurt one,the whole system will come down on you.If you can just walk away.Today it's a matter of self- preservation.

good point, made worse by todays compensation culture.

When that guy flattened my nose, my cousins got all excited saying I should claim compensation. They said " you could say it gave you sinus trouble and get thousands" when I said I'd rather not their reply was " don't worry, he won't have to pay for it"!

If the little scrote was going to be the one that coughed I might feel a little different, but A.)money isn't going to get me breathing through my nose properly again and B.) surely getting a bust nose is something of a right of passage of somesorts.

I'm not going to make the national tea kitty pay for that.

Besides, about twenty minutes after he wacked me he punched another guy who went down and he preceeded to repeatedly kick the poor sod in the head. (lucky he didn't floor me then really!)

I don't know how the victim came out in the end but our little friend spent a year at her majesty's leisure!

BoxBasher said:
oh and cheat. none of this queensbury rules rubbish. hit them straight between the legs,
Advice given to me by my older brother:
There's no such thing as fighting dirty, its just fighting...

Thermo said:
oh one thing i forgot to mention, if you ever do end up in that situation, make sure you hit them once and hard enough so they dont get back up.
A little bit of friendly advice:
If you ever have to resort to physical means and get in "trouble" for defending yourself (as the law abiding guy inevitably does) you never tell the police that you hit them hard... acknowledge that you hit them, say that you thought they were about to hit you (or hit you again) and then politely tell the officer that you don't want to say any more until you have spoken to a solicitor. As long as you are polite, and don't behave like a scumbag, you'll be treated fairly. Start swearing and it will be s5 POA.

The Police caution starts "You do not have to say anything..." so don't, because it ends with "anything you do say may be given in evidence" Wait until you are questioned with legal representation, that way you won't end up saying the wrong thing.

actually it ends with "and it may harm your defence if you do not metion when questioned something which you later rely on in court"

but dont tell them how hard you hit them!
;)
Did it once in court though! A guy bit me through the thumb twice. He was an hiv and hep c carrier. Punched him in the face one while we were rolling on the floor and he was biting me. he stopped and then he did it again. So i hit him again. The defence asked me if i hit him. i said yes. he then asked how hard. I replied "well i dont think i hit as hard as Frank bruno, but i hit him as hard as i possibly could" At that point the magistrate asked why so i told him. he then asked to see the scars on my thumb (still got them) He then called him an animal. needless to say he got found guilty! :D

I read your question but i havent read any of the replies cus i know its gonna be a mixture of rubbish and or sound advice.

All i will say to you is if you need to defend yourself you probably will be able to.

Sounds to me like you need to seek anger management counselling.

If you want a proper streetfighting form dont go oriental, go Russian...

http://www.systemauk.com/

no dancing about, and you get taught to handle aggression against your own kind, not just little chinese guys.

Thermo said:
actually it ends with "and it may harm your defence if you do not metion when questioned something which you later rely on in court"

Thermo, not that I'm questioning your knowledge (given your pedigree) but isn't the full caution (after the I'm arresting you on suspicion of...): "You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention, when questioned, something that you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence"?

Thanks MM for the pointer, I think however that I may have given the wrong impression about my anger.

ModernMaterials said:
Sounds to me like you need to seek anger management counselling.

I said "I have a vile temper when pushed too far and am sure that if the anger came out I would end up being quite a nasty guy. "

I do have an explosive temper, but it only explodes when really really pushed. People are usually surprised when I tell them I have such a vile temper as I am generally a bit too laid back and calm.

That might be part of my problem, that my anger/fight instinct does not kick in, from experience, when it should have.

I've found out about some israeli self defence that sounds wicked. Will give that a go.

Chears all.

twm.bwen said:
I've found out about some israeli self defence that sounds wicked. Will give that a go.

LOL, what's that, an AK47? You'd have a problem concealing one of those though!

ModernMaterials said:
I read your question but i havent read any of the replies cus i know its gonna be a mixture of rubbish and or sound advice.
I've been reading most of your posts you've made today and to be honest you're coming across as a bit of a pompous pointy thing mate.

BoxBasher said:
Thermo said:

Thermo, not that I'm questioning your knowledge (given your pedigree) but isn't the full caution (after the I'm arresting you on suspicion of...): "You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention, when questioned, something that you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence"?

boxbasher, i humbly apologise, your right! Christ i could say that thing backwards in my sleep. absolute brain blip! :oops:

Hi guys.Russian self defence-Specnaz.Just be careful in learning this type of streetfighting art.You will learn how to break someones neck.This then could put you in prison.It's up to you.I would go for something like the police uses,a form of Arkido-control and restraint.

Sponsored Links
Back