Not really sure what to do (title change so as not to cause offence)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
No I haven’t, I have felt this way before, the time I did, I mentioned it to her and she basically said to pull myself together - harsh words and didn’t work.
Am very sorry that you're not working as a team then.
Hope ok to ask, when you said 'felt this way before', what happened?

There's something I did for a short while, I was angry and sad over something that happened to me (which changed my life for the worst) by other people. I went to learn CBT. I only went a couple of times as therapy isn't my bag, but what I learned about CBT changed everything. It's worth looking into imo, and may help if not much support at home.

It was my 30s
I would stagger home at night pizzed and cry my eyes out to samaritans,then spend sundays walking the coast..loved the wind and rain on my face..took my mind off things and made me feel a bit other worldly...That was before internet..Used to reply to lonely hearts and meet alsorts of women.

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually enjoy life and my work, which sometimes could be quite mundane, and then Covid struck and I was put on furlough for 3 months +
It gave me time to take stock of my life and realised I was very happy with my personal life but knew I had more to give in my employment side of life. Basically, long story cut short, I decided to look for something different so I applied for a number of jobs with my current employer but because I didn't have up to date certs I was getting nowhere so decided to look outside. I have recently landed a job as a maintenance engineer at a local college where I will be able to use my experience to a fuller potential doing a variety of tasks which, even though I have no formal qualifications for some of them, I know I am capable of.
It all comes down to having faith in your abilities and highlighting these when you are looking to diversify. You've been fixing boilers for 16 years so have skills that enable you to be continuously employable faith in your abilities. Ignore social media critics, we can all slag others off from the safety of an anonymous keyboard, most of the critics are actually inept in their own personal lives and this is the way they get the attention they crave.
Believe in yourself and have faith in your abilities. You will get knocked down but just get back up and carry on. The more you get back up the more confident you will become.

You've been fixing boilers for 16 years so have skills that enable you to be continuously employable faith in your abilities.

Not quite true Conny, I’ve been a plumber for 16 years, only recently delved into boiler repairs (approx 2 years).

Hope ok to ask, when you said 'felt this way before', what happened?
Yes fine to ask. I was going through a very tough time at work, a bully senior manager who was devious as well, who also had others in his ‘click’ so upset one, upset all so to speak. HR also afraid to do anything at the time. However, once I’d been disciplined for reasons I’d rather not say (it would give certain things away) he was actually ok with me - weird behaviour. Things have changed now as he was sort of pushed out, a whole restructure of management. My line manager used to be one of my mentors as an apprentice and we’ve always got on ok, so that’s a big plus. It’s just all of these time restraints on jobs, mind numbing customers, lack of training in a lot of areas - which I’ve just been given the ok to go on, but with Covid, it’s a struggle to get on the right course.

I also struggle to understand things, and tend to read deep into things. I also lack in absorbing written information in books etc.

I am grateful for being employed,

Also be grateful for your health and physical ability.
Dire straits is when you are in a wheel chair with a smashed ankle and foot, back broke in 9 places and hearing lost in one ear.
And the ear constantly buzzes.
After a tele-handler crushing accident 8 weeks ago.
That's my work colleagues brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back