Any Ideas / recommendations?

Perhaps you should ask yourself the following questions:-
Do you feel trepidation each time a new boiler repair comes in? Or confident that you are the best person to fix that boiler?
I don’t feel trepidation on every new fault, because the majority I’ve learned to fix, but I wouldn’t say I’m the best one either, I know my limits. What I would say is, I feel trepidation if I can’t fix the issue because I don’t know what the fault could be. I guess I don’t have the fault logic approach.

Need time to analyse my situation.

Sponsored Links
Talk to your partner about what you have written, go for walks/exercise everyday- with family or friends.
I have sort of, trouble is, her answers are: “get another job, but we can’t move house just yet”, “ get another job, that you enjoy, even if it’s less pay, and she’ll have to get a job, and organise childcare”.

Sponsored Links
I wasn’t wanting to drag this thread up again, but as some can tell from my change of avatar, I’m in better spirits than I was when when typing this OP. Just had a week off, and I’m not bothered by going back into work, so all good so far. Hopefully I won’t get stuck in this state again.

Thanks all.

Sometimes you can just get stuck in a rut when employed. You know what you are going to earn & can lose motivation & interest. When I get a bit depressed, all you focus on are the negatives but the cloud does lift.
No1 thing for me is making sure you sleep well. After a fantastic nights sleep I wake up feeling you can take the world on.
If you do decide to try a different career, you can always come back to this job. You don’t just forget everything. I’m a heating engineer but I’ve got a really low attention threshold. If I’m doing the same(ish) thing every day I lose the Will to live. Luckily I’ve got a big customer base & sometimes take on larger projects (extensions, refurbs etc) sometimes I just do repairs & breakdowns for a couple of years till I’m bored of that.
Have you tried newbuild? I did that for 8 or 9 years & loved it at the time. Completely different challenges.
Someone mentioned train driver. My mate is a London Underground tube driver. He’s on about £60000, 10 weeks full paid holiday etc but....... you’ve got to be virtually brain dead to do it. I’ve been in the cab when he’s driving & was really interested... for about 10 minutes. **** me it’s boring but well paid.
Anyway, good luck whatever you decide.

Sponsored Links
Back