Conservatory coming away from house bought 3 months ago.

Sponsored Links
With the is crack being horizontal at the DPC, should this be sealed with mastic also?
IMG_20220830_114843.jpg

With the is crack being horizontal at the DPC, should this be sealed with mastic also?
View attachment 278272
that DPC is fitted wrongly

DPC should be laid in the middle of mortar joint not direct on the brick -I take back what I said about the base being well made

yes you can seal that with mastic too.

Sponsored Links
So it's got a little crack. It's moved a little, as conservatories often do. It isn't going to fall down, and it isn't worth spending time and especially money (other than a bit of filler) sorting. It really, really isn't. You certainly don't want to approach insurance - you'll just end up paying higher premiums, there's nothing to chase the neighbours for, and it would be pointless spending £££ taking it down and rebuilding, so it is what it is. It doesn't stop you using the conservatory. It'll most likely still be just the same in 10 years time.

Yep, if it's like most conservatory's you'll use your conservatory about 3 times a year
Cat's tend to like them as bedrooms.....

that DPC is fitted wrongly

DPC should be laid in the middle of mortar joint not direct on the brick -I take back what I said about the base being well made

yes you can seal that with mastic too.
It depends on which part of the country you live in. External DPC's in the West country are often laid directly on the brickwork. NHBC regs allow this up to 3 storeys in height. Most places bed the DPC, although it can look rough if not done properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back