Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need some urgent help, please!

I am having a east facing conservatory built and am a bit confused about flooring. It's a large rectangular conservatory (3m by 9m) and has two manholes that the builder will raise up to floor level and we will need some sort of double sealed manhole cover that allows it to be tiled/laminated over but allows access if needed.

I don't like vinyl and not sure of tiles as I am a bit nervous about electric underfloor heating for such a large area. So more or less decided on laminate.

Wife likes tile effect laminate so the ones from quickstep are all 8mm thick - nothing thicker. E.g. exq1556

My question is
1) Is 8mm too thin? Will there be much noise? If so I discuss with my wife about not going tile effect in which case quickstep has some nice 12mm wood effect ones.
2) Planning on TimberTech2 5mm accoustic plus gold underlay - will that be suitable for the 8mm laminate? Will it too squishy underfoot as it is a fairly thick underlay.
3) Any other suggestions for laminate from top brands and suitable underlay for tile effect laminate?

Basically want a floor that looks like tiles, will not be too cold, not too noisy and has some slight cushioning as my wife has weak joints. Budget is ideally under £30/sqm for the flooring.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back