Conservatory roof

F

flavella

This is the to of conservatory lean to roof. there was a strip of lead hiding this gap. should that wall plate go to the end and I have looked under that flashing and can see that they have put what looks like gaffer tape over the top of the next glazing bar? The white plastic strip on the wall plate moves up and down, is this right? There is also a gap big enough to put my hand in at the end of the cladding that joins the house wall. Picture is round the wrong way.many thanks.

View media item 75295 View media item 75294 View media item 75293 View media item 75296

Sponsored Links
The wall plate cap should be the same length as the wall plate. The end glazing bar cap should sit under the wall plate cap. We generally seal all gaps before the lead goes in, then seal the lead with lead sealant. Many don't and it does the job
Is the tape hiding a hole in the poly roof? They may off missed the glazing bar when taping it down!!?? Easily done when you're reaching over :-/

The wall plate end cap hasn't been fitted either in the last pic, hence the large gap. Most of this cap is usually covered by the lead, ok its not put on, but at least seal the gap!!

The wall plate cap should be the same length as the wall plate. The end glazing bar cap should sit under the wall plate cap. We generally seal all gaps before the lead goes in, then seal the lead with lead sealant. Many don't and it does the job
Is the tape hiding a hole in the poly roof? They may off missed the glazing bar when taping it down!!?? Easily done when you're reaching over :-/
Thankyou DH Frames. The wall plate cap in pic two doesn't look as if it is fully on the wall plate? also should the back of the wall plate cap be against the house wall, its about an inch away. Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links
The cap looks likes it is on, although it could probably be tapped down a little more.
Depending on how straight/bowed the wall is, the wall plate will sometimes sit off the wall slightly, you'll always get a gap at the top due to the tapered shape of the wall plate.

The cap looks likes it is on, although it could probably be tapped down a little more.
Depending on how straight/bowed the wall is, the wall plate will sometimes sit off the wall slightly, you'll always get a gap at the top due to the tapered shape of the wall plate.
.Thanks. I had a report done on the whole conservatory last week which tells me everything I needed to know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back