Constantly filling toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

So, push button toilet, believe it to be a SIAMP flush.

Couple of months ago, cistern was taking ages to fill. Took the top off, took it apart, found the diaphragm washer was split. Replaced the washer, put it back together, bingo. Fills like a dream, award major man points to myself for doing something I've never done before.

How I'm getting the opposite issue. The damn thing won't stop filling! Keeps going into the overflow pipe.

I've tried to retrace my steps, repeat what I did to see if there's any adjustments I can make, but no joy. I'm pretty much a DIY idiot.

Please can someone help me before I actually destroy my bathroom and subsequently my marriage?!

Sponsored Links
Post pic of inside cistern may help. Is float freely moving ? If in doubt fit a new valve.

Normally there is adjustment on the float level but as above a photo will help. Does it stop if you pull the float up?

Sponsored Links
It doesn't stop if I pull the float up, no. Think it's a new valve job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back