Consultant needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been designing gardens for years and I'm now starting to build as well. The problem is, I've been getting my pricing wrong - always under. I also need general help like estimating the amount of skips needed, how much topsoil to order etc.

So I'm looking for someone who can act as a consultant, so, when I've produced a quote for a job I can send it over with drawings and photos and the expert/consultant can give it the once over before I send it out.

I would be happy to do this via this open forum as it may help others, but it just wouldn't be possible with all the drawings, photos, questions.

I am ready to pay someone per job or per hour. I'm not allowed to publish my contact details on here, so if you're interested please click on my username; newapprentice, and see my contact details.

Hopefully someone will be interested.

Sponsored Links
You should use the Forum to learn why you're undercharging not pay someone to work out a quote for you. I'm sure someone will be happy to take your money, but you've gotta learn yourself, besides it'll be extremely hard for anyone else to work out your quotes with any certainty, they'll need an intimate knowledge of all of your overheads, cost of required materials, mileage per job, advertising, your geographical location, your client base etc etc etc everything really.

Fair comment freddymercurytwin, I just need someone to take a look at my quote, take a look at the photos/drawing and see where I'm making my mistakes. I'm mainly underestimating the time it takes me to complete each job. The forum can't help with this. All I want to do is earn an honest days pay for an honest days work, I just need a few pointers.

Thermo, thank you very much for your offer, I will get something over to you hopefully today, it may have to be tomorrow. It's not a big job but I want to give you all the information, very clear so as not to be a pain in the backside. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
No problem. my background is from the other way in that i built them before i designed them. Not being rude but i come across so many designer who know what looks good, but have no idea how its built!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back