Consumer Unit - Advice, thoughts, suggestions sought.

You can do as he does, if you like.

Just get a 3-phase supply laid in and away you go.

Simples.

Sponsored Links
Still manages to drop it in that he has presumably 10 bedrooms.
I may be wrong, but I can't for the life of me think of when/why I would have said anything about the number of bedrooms. Anyway, you're wrong.

In any event, if I did have 10 bedrooms, what on earth would that matter - to you or anyone else?
As his advise seems to be ( before it got deleted) " do as I say, not what I do"...
On the contrary - I was saying "if your (shower) usage situation is similar to mine, then 'do as I do' " - however, when people started fussing about that, I decided to delete it.
... I think I'll put him on "ignore" .
That sounds like a pretty good idea, since it presumably means that you won't be writing any further posts about me.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Despite Estate Agents and conventions, I don't think that the number of bedrooms is a particularly good guide to the 'largeness' (volume, floor area or whatever) of a house. However, I don't disagree that 2½ x 4 = 10, and nor do I doubt that if (which I certainly don't, and never have done) I wanted to configure 10 rooms as bedrooms, I probably could.

... but, as I asked, so what? - i.e. why should it matter to DaveHerns, you or anyone else? My circle of 'family and friends' encompasses those who live in houses (or flats) with one bedroom up to those who live in houses with more than 10 bedrooms, but I don't judge any of them, or think of them any differently, because of that characteristic of where they live!

I would hope that 10 bedrooms would be a little too few for such an event!
upload_2018-7-5_15-10-16.png

Plus not everyone might make it that far...

upload_2018-7-5_15-30-50.png

... but, as I asked, so what? - i.e. why should it matter to DaveHerns, you or anyone else?
Can't speak for him, but IDGAT.

I was only suggesting a "reason" for his assertion that you have 10 bedrooms.

Indeed - the arithmetic explanation hadn't occurred to me, but you are very probably right about that. Whatever, I don't really care!

I'd personally get the board replaced and brought up to date and not worry about other options. I'd be surprised if it wasn't the first thing the electrician suggested.

Well, i hadn't seen this thread this far, but it's nice to get people's insecurities ito in the open so they can be dealt with, so there's something good come out of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back