Consumer unit breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Ok so I will reword does my current setup look ok
No.

But the checks needed when installing a CU are more than visual, so as long as the installation is done by someone who has the skills and the equipment to do proper testing, anything which is wrong can be found and put right.

The last 2 on right were originally shower and immersion heater someone has crossed out and used for cooler and hob
With 2 conductors in each? And in one case conductors of different colours?

Is it normal for the cooker and hob to be a ring ?
How do you know they are?

What are the consequences if they are not?

Why do you feel unable to ask your electrician?

Down the line I plan to split the ring
Do you know how to do, and have the equipment needed to do, all of the testing required?

Do you plan to get the Building Regulations approval needed when creating new circuits?

I am doing the donkey work and electrician will sign it off when wired in
What exactly has the electrician agreed that you can do, and what "signing off" he he going to do?

I am prepared to advise you, and I have given you advice, as has securespark.

The problem seems to be not that our advice is bad, but that it does not accord with the sort of advice you had decided you should get before you posted here.

But if you want even more advice:

Hi I need to get some breakers for a new consumer unit I'm having installed
What rating do I need for

Sockets
Upstairs lights
Downstairs lights
Garage
Cooker
Hob

Sponsored Links
1. Is it ok for whole house of sockets , conservatory spur and garage on 1 breaker ?
Might be.

Might not be.

Nobody here can say, as we are not the designers.

2. Are the current breakers ok for what currently doing as the 20a and 30a were immersion and shower but now hob and cooker
Already answered.

3 why is hob and cooker separate breakers and in rings ? Is this normal
Already answered.

4 current setup will remain but on new board garage will be separate so what breaker would be needed for 3 sockets and 2 strip lights and 2 outside lights in garage
Already answered.

Dave

The questions you are asking make it very clear that you do not have the basic knowledge required to plan and carry out the work you are intending to carry out.

The advice you have been given is not the advice that you want to hear but it is advice you NEED to hear.

There is a lot more to installing a consumer unit than you think and getting it wrong can create serious risks of fire or other potentially fatal accidents.

The problem is that what is there might be wrong. You can't just copy what's there because it is going to become your responsibility.

And if you thought you were going to swap to a new one using the same sized breakers, why did you ask

What rating do I need for

Sockets
Upstairs lights
Downstairs lights
Garage
Cooker
Hob

?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back