Consumer unit breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
It's impossible to say, given the information.

You need to tell us the type of circuit, cable size, design current etcetera, before we can advise.

Better still, ask the person who is installing your consumer unit to select them for you.

Sponsored Links
I am doing the donkey work and electrician will sign it off when wired in
It doesn't work like that, unless you're in cahoots with a bent electrician, in which case you should run a mile - if he can't be trusted to tell the truth, what can he be trusted to to?

I being the person responsible for the design, construction, inspection & testing of the electrical installation (as indicated by my signature below), particulars of which are described above, having exercised reasonable skill and care when carrying out the design, construction, inspection & testing hereby CERTIFY that the said work for which I have been responsible is to the best of my knowledge and belief in accordance with BS 7671:2008, amended to 2011 except for the departures, if any, detailed as follows:

He cannot legitimately sign that declaration unless he was responsible for the activities he says he was.

Re construction, if he is happy that he has exercised sufficient direction and supervision and inspection of your work to say that he was responsible for it, then that's fine (much like the way he might direct and supervise the work of an apprentice).

But choosing breaker sizes is design - you have to ask him to do that.

Yes, the electrician who you are paying to install, test, and certify the CU.

It can be checked, and the electrician can issue an Electrical Installation Condition Report.

But an EICR is not what's required for the installation of a CU, for that it must be an Electrical Installation Certificate, and an electrician may not sign to say he did work which he did not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back