Consumer unit breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dare say you have an opion of me. To then determine a person needs to seek medical help, as you perceive he has a mental condition cannot be justified.
Of course it can sometimes be justified to perceive that someone may have a mental (or physical) condition, such that the person may benefit from being professionally assessed - I have made such a suggestion to people (or those close to them) on a good few occasions over the years. However, for the umpteenth time, I agree that the suggestion/advice should not be made in public.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
This bit of the discussion really needs to stop.
If you think that John then why are you still contributing to it? :eek:
Asking me that question strikes me as an attempt at entrapment (which, witness the existence of this post, has been partially successful, hence bringing thread back to the top of the list)!!

Kind Regards, John

To put it bluntly.

For guidance to newcomers, DO NOT ask questions about what breaker sizes or makes of consumer units to use in your house etc - doing so always invites Trolls to have a go, and reply with utter nonsense.

I hope the Moderators will LOCK this thread, and delete any further questions of this nature, before the Trolls lay their hands on them....

Sponsored Links
To put it bluntly.

For guidance to newcomers, DO NOT ask questions about what breaker sizes or makes of consumer units to use in your house etc - doing so always invites Trolls to have a go, and reply with utter nonsense.
Would you care to explain what you mean when you use the term "troll", because the conventional meaning (in an internet forum context) would seem to make you barking mad.

For guidance to newcomers,
Do you really think any newcomer is likely to have found this thread AND read all 18 pages before asking the same (or similar) question ?

DO NOT ask questions about what breaker sizes or makes of consumer units to use in your house etc - doing so always invites Trolls to have a go, and reply with utter nonsense.
Again, what is wrong with pointing out that the person is out of their depth and really needs to get an electrician in ?

Think how you would cope if one RCD tripped and could not be reset.

Hint 1..... if all lights were on the same RCD you would have no lights at all if that RCD could not be reset.

Hint 2.... If there was an accident in the kitchen that tripped the RCD for the sockets and left someone scalded you would need lights for immediate first aid and power to the cordless phone to be able to phone for an ambulance.

I honestly think that some of the posters here have totally lost all sense of responsibility.

We've seen some prize t***ts here over the years - the OP has got to be a serious contender for the lifetime achievement award.

Did it not occur to anyone but me that many of the OP's question were almost "too bad to be true"?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back