Consumer Unit to replace old fuse board. Can I fit it??

• Thread starter attractivebrunette
  • Start date
Here is an invoice I found at a customer's property for a "gas detector".

It's not mains powered btw, but battery & mounted on the other side of the flat to the boiler...

EPSN0130.jpg

£640.38 for a battery-powered CO detector?

Somewhere (I can't find it at the moment) I have a picture of an invoice for a (really bad) board change at the same address (done by the same company) for £1200.

Sponsored Links
TTC's mantra

Good work isn't cheap
Cheap work isn't good
Good work isn't cheap
Cheap work isn't good
Good work isn't cheap
Cheap work isn't good
Good work isn't cheap
Cheap work isn't good
Good work isn't cheap
Cheap work isn't good
Good work isn't cheap
Cheap work isn't good
Good work isn't cheap
Cheap work isn't good
Good work isn't cheap
Cheap work isn't good
Good work isn't cheap
Cheap work isn't good
"There is nothing that cannot be made cheaper and lower quality by someone else. Those people who buy based upon price alone are that person's lawful prey."

Just out of interest and 5 pints later, is the cable all rear entry as I can't see where they come in? My only critisim is the loops on the mcb's are different heights (only joking, very nice job )

Sponsored Links
You'd think that the gas people could have afforded a decent education with all the money they're making..

RECIET!!

:LOL:

They didn't know the I before E rule and just realised that they missed off the P coz they were taking it!

I'm wondering was a customer who was very old and out of touch, or someone with money to burn?

They didn't know the I before E rule
What rule is that?

How much weight should we give to it?

Would your neighbours agree with it, or are they weird? Is it widely accepted in society?

Spelling policies like that are insufficient - no science behind them.

Maybe we should seize the next leisure opportunity and sit down with a coffee and give it some thought.

Would that be an efficient use of people's time?

Codeine might be useful for any headaches brought on by too much caffeine - wouldn't want anyone opening a vein and prematurely endowing their heirs.

Or should we draw a veil over the whole thing? I wouldn't want anbody's distress on my conscience....

They didn't know the I before E rule
What rule is that?

How much weight should we give to it?

Would your neighbours agree with it, or are they weird? Is it widely accepted in society?

Spelling policies like that are insufficient - no science behind them.

Maybe we should seize the next leisure opportunity and sit down with a coffee and give it some thought.

Would that be an efficient use of people's time?

Codeine might be useful for any headaches brought on by too much caffeine - wouldn't want anyone opening a vein and prematurely endowing their heirs.

Or should we draw a veil over the whole thing? I wouldn't want anbody's distress on my conscience....

The 'i before e' rule, in full is 'i before e except after c but only if pronounced like ee'

Like all rules, there are certain exceptions. There are half a dozen which break the 'after c' part [e.g. species] and approximately 30 which break the 'pronounced like ee' rule.

Glad to see BAS has got some of them!!!

And, of course, you forgot the sparks favourite which does follow the rule [even though it's an acronym] NICEIC...... :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back