Consumer unit wont reset ...

Sponsored Links
I would have put the Box at the Consumer Unit alongside or under it , Then run the SWA`s cores straight into the Consumer Unit (1 joint less) , I also cant see any Banjo`s on the Box , to ensure Earth continuity, In the Loft the Box would have been better fixed to the Roof Spar , or a Noggin put in near the back of the Pullswitch , Then fix it to that,You can then terminate the Cable again running the SWA Cores straight into the Pullswitch ( 1 joint less)

Joints are not ideal on Circuits that pull some Power ie Showers

I`d get it redone !

Lucky

I remember saying the certificate had to be sent to the landlord - whether one was sent or not I dont know !

I think the other cable is pvc - but not the best condition, I've been here 15 years, the old shower was here when I moved in and of course so was the wiring.

We have regular PIR's, but last was before the shower was fitted. Electrician fitted the CU in the pictures as we used to have an old rewirable type which was replaced when central heating was fitted, and gave landlord all sorts of forms and paperwork, but I have seen nothing to do with the shower fitting work.

Sponsored Links
Yep - RCD was faulty, swapped out for a new one with everything unplugged/switched off, then everything back on one by one.
Still working fine, including the shower.
Elec thinks maybe as we had tripping problems with the shower before the cable swap it may have done something to the faulty RCD. They will be back at a later date for the landlords routine inspection and will go through the shower wiring properly then.

Ta for the help guys.

Gerry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back