Continuity bonding gas meter removal nvq level 3 question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonderd if any one can help me with a question for gas meter removal on my nvq level 3 in plumbing. When applying temporary continuity bonding on the pipe work before removing the meter. Do I place the continuity bonding on the upstream side on the meter( side with ecv on) the the downstream side. And disconnect in reverse order? Thank you

Sponsored Links
Makes no difference at all, just make sure it's in place before disconnecting the meter until it's reconnected.

It should not really matter if the meter is still connected, as you you should still have continuity throughout.
I think logic would suggest that you apply the croc clips to the consumers side first and then to the supplier side, but if you do them simultaneously, no probs. The important thing is to check continuity does exist before and after the application.

Sponsored Links
It does matter on the assessment and danfre is right. In the real world, it makes no difference.

I guess someone was paid by the question. I bet there's one in there about which sock you put on which foot too:rolleyes:

It does matter on the assessment and danfre is right. In the real world, it makes no difference.
Yes I believe know thought about it, that upstream/supply side>downstream/consumers side, then disconnect meter. Then reverse of that on re-connection.

No , it is referred too as 'service pipe' and 'supply pipe'...

Fair enough, I will make a mental note of that for the next time, I have to undertake such a task.
Thank you kindly for your informative input.
No problem , although if you're qualified to undertake such a task then you would know the correct terminology to use when referring to a service pipe and that of a supply pipe.(y)

No problem , although if you're qualified to undertake such a task then you would know the correct terminology to use when referring to a service pipe and that of a supply pipe.(y)
I m qualified to undertake such work, TBH honest I have never had to use the terminology that much, just trying to explain the answer to the OP. In terms that seem logical, suppliers side (ie BG, Scottish Power etc.) and customers side (ie the user/payer of the bill)

i wouldnt imagine you have used the terminology you have only been qualified a few weeks ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back