Continuity bonding gas meter removal nvq level 3 question

Sponsored Links
amazing how everyone knows what that thingy thing is ;)

OP: before you attach anything to any side... first test to make sure there is not 240v running through it... and I don't mean by licking your finger and touching it :LOL:

OP: before you attach anything to any side... first test to make sure there is not 240v running through it... and I don't mean by licking your finger and touching it :LOL:
How would he do that? Bang an earth rod in away from the house and use a multimeter?
That's the point of the temporary bond, so you needn't worry about that.

Also minor point that voltage is a relative difference between 2 points, it's only current that can flow through a conductor.

Edit : although he should check the main bonding is present first of course(y)

Sponsored Links
Must admit they laid in my toolbag gathering dust till they fell apart!
Interestingly though I did once disconnect a meter union and see a spark jump across, still here though:whistle:

Must admit they laid in my toolbag gathering dust till they fell apart!
Interestingly though I did once disconnect a meter union and see a spark jump across, still here though:whistle:

What! You mean you actually saw an electrician (spark) do some work! :eek:

Dont think i have ever used one in the real world

They are good if you have 2 and need to change the battery in your van or car and dont want to reset all the radio codes and stuff

I'm genuinely surprised people here have such strong opinions against unqualified work (rightly so in many cases), yet so many are openly declaring that they don't bother following the regs themselves in this respect.
It's not something that will get you every time, but in a pme situation with a broken neutral, the bonding could be carrying most of the neutral current unnoticed. Hence why the bonding is so thick. I wouldn't want to be there when it's opened under load.

Good point, they could be a parallel path. But at least you're not breaking the circuit completely if the neutral is still there!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back