convert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben mate, I think this link proves our point really..... read the info about it...... hmmm "competence requirements of the building regulations"

http://www.cityandguilds.com/1636.html

Wonder if Goldberk says

"its not under the building regs"

If so, he should direct that comment to C&G, which of course the gobshite won't.... why??? cos he talks out his jacksy

Sponsored Links
I don't know how to comply with building regs without having a ee qualification.
Taking the EE course is but one way of obtaining the knowledge needed to comply with the energy efficiency requirements, but the 'qualification' is not a necessary part of complying with The Building Regulations.

That is why I spent my time and money on getting one.
I'm sure that the course organiser was very happy to take your money.

Think of it as a tax on the people who are too lazy to research the actual legal obligation associated with the work they do.

Why don't you tell us how YOU commission them WITHOUT holding an ee qualification?
Not so fast. You've ignored the question implied in my previous post.

If the Building Regulations state that you "need" an energy efficiency 'qualification' in order to legally install a boiler, then please quote the section number that contains that statement.

but the 'qualification' is not a necessary part of complying with The Building Regulations.

refer to above links and what is clearly stated by INDUSTRY bodies approved for certification... not us on here...

and please.... what do you do for a living again exactly?

Sponsored Links
Why don't you tell us how YOU commission them WITHOUT holding an ee qualification?
Not so fast. You've ignored the question implied in my previous post.

If the Building Regulations state that you "need" an energy efficiency 'qualification' in order to legally install a boiler, then please quote the section number that contains that statement.
If you read the posts and links above, you can take that as my answer; I really can't be bothered quoting the same.
You will now of course hide behind nitpicking and come with nonsense like: it is not actually the building regs because it is in a document that an apd refers to or something along those lines.
You would be one of those people that argues there is no law that says you have to be recognised by GSR to work on gas.
Semantics. Nit picking. Hair splitting.

The bottom line is: you can not commission a boiler without an ee qualification.
You can not commission a boiler without being gas safe registered.
Or, in other words, YOU can not commission a boiler.
You are just a pedantic little man.
End of.
Unless of course you stop hiding behind the semantics, and tell us how YOU commission a boiler legally without the qualifications.

If you read the posts and links above, you can take that as my answer; I really can't be bothered quoting the same.
As I said - the EE course fee is a tax on the lazy.

Nit picking. Hair splitting.
A good pharmacist should be able to help you with those problems. Probably a better diet, or some vitamin supplements, would also help.

The bottom line is: you can not commission a boiler without an ee qualification.
Not having an EE 'qualification' (which isn't really a qualification) doesn't prevent anyone from commissioning anything.

You can not commission a boiler without being gas safe registered.
This is also untrue. For one thing, not all boilers are gas fired.

Or, in other words, YOU can not commission a boiler.
Anyone can commission their own gas boiler in their house that they're living in and not renting out, as long as they do it competently.

Unless of course you stop hiding behind the semantics, and tell us how YOU commission a boiler legally without the qualifications.
The question I asked about energy efficiency and The Building Regulations has nothing to do with any one person's qualifications - the legal requirement is clearly stated.

You can ignore what the law says, and pretend that the money you paid entitles you to do something that other people can't, but pretending won't make it come true.

And you can abuse me, or anyone else, who reminds you what the law says, and pretend that abusing me makes me wrong, but pretending won't make it come true.

everytime the prune ain't got an answer

or more like can't or dare not
lol-022.gif

Goldberg wrote:
muggles wrote:
You MUST have EE to install/commission any condensing appliance, otherwise you're contraventing Building Regulations

Where in the Building Regulations is it required that anyone "has EE"?

try registering without it

no reg

no fit boiler

shot down again :rolleyes:

Think I'm on ignore! He can't answer the links and then says EE isn't a qualification :rolleyes: even though both links are clearly for an EE qualification

he's a wally

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back