converting existing potterton timer to danfoss fp715 timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am new to this site and need some help!!!

I am in the process of converting my existing timer which is a potterton 2002 to a danfoss fp715 timer.

the main problem i have is that my existing timer should have a wire going to the CHOFF but i have no wires at all going to this?? the new timer calls for this to be attached?

Should i have a wire going to this terminal and if so what wire should go to this terminal?

david

Sponsored Links
YOu only need the off wire if you have a 3 port mid position valve or old motor on motor off satchwell valves. If you have 2 standard motorised valves you dont need an off..

Why not just upgrade to another potterton then there is no need to alter wiring

Sponsored Links
namsag thankyou for the answer and this sounds silly but how do i know if the valve i have got is a 3 way mid position valve? i have from the pump up to the valve then it diverts either to the hot water tank or to the rads? there is no marking on the divertor valve so no idea what it actally is? short of draining the system and removing it i cant tell if it have a mid position?

any ideas?

I am in the process of converting my existing timer which is a potterton 2002 to a danfoss fp715 timer.

the main problem i have is that my existing timer should have a wire going to the CHOFF but i have no wires at all going to this?? the new timer calls for this to be attached?

Should i have a wire going to this terminal and if so what wire should go to this terminal?

I have never heard of a wire connected to CH OFF. Do you mean HW OFF?

You say that the new timer calls for a CH OFF connection, but I can see no reference to this in the Installation and Use Instructions. I think you may be misunderstanding the conversion tables which show which terminals on the new timer are the equivalent of those on the old.

I would just connect up the wires that you have and forget about a CH OFF wire. You don't need one.

Check that you aren't misreading the wiring diagrams for the timers. Can be easy to do!

Thanks for all the hints etc I have now bought a different programmer which is a potterton EP6002 and fits straight in and is correctly wired. seems to work ok. so thanks for all the help

A great website

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back