converting two one way switches to two way switching

BTW, the french call them "auto-alimentation". Not sure why, though.

But they do like their food... ;)
Sponsored Links
I'm converting two rooms into one (knocking down a partition) which means there will be two switches and two lights.

What I want is to have just one light. i.e. convert to two way switches.

Is there a way of achieving this without rewiring the switches to use three core and earth. It's not a big deal, but it would be nice if there was a simple way as I'm sure people have never always used three core...


This could be a solution BUT I dont like it.
If you do us it then make sure both light are on the same MCB/fuse etc and neutral.

This method can give you some unexpected surprises.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links