Cooker electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fitting a new kitchen and need some advice on the cooker electrics. I currently have an existing cooker panel feeding the cooker. The questions are -

1. I need to extend the cable as the new Oven will be in a different part of the room. Can I put a suitable junction box in the ceiling attached to a ceiling joist and then run the cable to the new position/cooker point?

2. The new kitchen will have a tower oven, and separate hob. Can I simply run two suitable cables from the main cooker switch to independent junction boxes for each appliance or do I run one cable to a junction box for the oven and then spur off this for the hob?

Appreciate any advice

Sponsored Links
A junction box is a bad idea. A junction box on a heavily loaded cooker circuit is a bad idea. A junction box hidden in the ceiling is an even worse idea.

Running a double oven and a hob off a single circuit is a bad idea.

You should run a new circuit for the hob, and another one for the oven.

6mm and 32A is often correct but you will have to look up the power ratings of your appliances.

This is notifiable work.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back