Cooker hood tripping RCD?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was called to a job yesterday, where the new cooker hood is intermittently tripping the RCD when the hood is turned off. The hood is connected via a 3 amp FCU to the RCD protected downstairs Ring.

Checked the circuit at fault, and found no probs, a well fitted and modern installation. Meggered it, as I would have expected the fault to be caused by poor insulation resistance, typical N-E fault. This isn't the case, all tests fine.

Despite the hood being double insulated, has anyone experienced any leakage, which may indiacte the hood to be the cause of this fault? I can only suggest he replaces the hood, p.s only trips every few weeks, and when the hood has been working for a good length of time and is turned off -trip!

any help would be appreciated.

Ant

Sponsored Links
Might be condensation from cooking steam.

How do you know the cooker hood is tripping the RCD?

John - I'm not mocking your idea, but cannot see where the leakage would be on a DI item?

Didn't notice DI :oops:

I'm thinking moisture, kitchen, cooking, steam, condensation.

Might not be in the hood, though. Could be FCU or flex outlet or whatever.

Sponsored Links
OK Smartypants - just 'cos you're a lateral thinker...

My turn for a " :oops: "....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back