Cooker hood wiring

What if said gridswitch was within 2m of all the appliances?

Sponsored Links
You incorrectly claimed that it was unnecessary in other parts of the world. I proved you to be incorrect.

There is always an exception. It seems the exception in this case is 26 counties of somewhere not as yet stated, only guessed.

I said that each isolator needs to be within two metres of the appliance rather than just having a grid switch with everything on it, so it's your interpretation which is incorrect.
Neither of us knows what interpretation of winston's words is correct.

Edit: I forgot to ask ... is there a minimum, as well as maximum, distance, since if one is thinking about 'emergency switching' (as well as 'isolation'), 'too close' is, in my opinion, really not very safe.

Why is lack of power for a cordless phone or fixed landline an issue? It's only Virgin customers that are force fed to have a landline installed, and more than half don't even own a phone to plug into it. We are told that it's cheaper to include the phone line in the package, WTF ????

Remember, 'The futures bright, the futures'....oh wait.....

Sponsored Links
Why is lack of power for a cordless phone or fixed landline an issue? It's only Virgin customers that are force fed to have a landline installed, and more than half don't even own a phone to plug into it.
Whilst that is true, even if you find it hard to believe, there are still some people (including some members of my family) who don't have mobile phones - and, far more common, in the case of a lot of people who do have mobiles, but don't use them often, the batteries are often flat when they are needed!

As has been said, by no means all cordless landline phones have battery backup in the base unit.

Kind Regards, John

What is the actual wording?

I'm sure it does not say "not installing isolators is prohibited".
"Every appliance shall be provided with a separate isolating switch complying with 537.2 and capable of interrupting the load current. The device shall be installed within 2m, at a height between 400mm and 1200mm above floor level, and where it can be operated without danger."

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back