Cooker Hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recirc Cooker Hood - Couple of options and I can't decide which to go for.

1. Fan Isolator by the side with unswitched spur or socket inside the chimney.

2. Switched Spur by the side with flex outlet inside the chimney.

Or a combination of either.

What say you guys? All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Oliver

Sponsored Links
Personally I would recommend a switched spur at worktop level for switching / isolation, and a single socket within the chimney.

Rob

Thanks

I did see that post, but there wasn't a definitive answer. Personally I never really understood the Three Pole Isolator concept, although the hood states an "omnipolar" isolator. I assumed a DP would do the trick. Is the fan isolator for permanent live, switched live and neutral in a lighting circuit controlled bathroom fan?

I did toy with the idea of the Kitchen Control Panel with DP switches for all appliances, but its an awful lot of wiring in a refurb!

Many Thanks to all

Oliver

Sponsored Links
A triple pole isolator is for like you say bathroom and similar fans that have a permanent live to enable anover-run period. A D.P. isolator is fine, but if it is fed off the ring it will need to be a switched fused spur rather than just a D.P. switch. The kitchen control panel is alot of wiring, but if you are fully refurbing the kitchen, you are not going to get a better opportunity to fit one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back