Cooker supply

Found a sticker on the inside of the cooker, states max power 2,500kw. 220-240v 50/60hz
Hope this helps
Thanks

Sponsored Links
So, 10-ish amps at most.

A 13A fuse will be fine - either in an FCU or a plug with a socket.
No need to change the fuse in the fuse box.

Therefore you could do what you want with the necessary protection (FCU) for the light wiring if you know what you are doing.

As said, keep the 30/32 amp fuse at consumer unit. 13 amp fused spur controlling oven. 1.5 mm2 can be used for the oven.

However, you should use 4.0 or 6.0 mm2 t+e to supply all these additional fused spur units and sockets.

And also, you could do with this circuit protected by an RCD really, since you will have a socket and no doubt concealed wiring.

Thanks guys, your advise is much appreciated, think this is a little bit over my head as I am no electrician, after reading all of your threads I think it wise to get an electrician in before I go any further, again, thanks for taking the time to reply to my issue

Sponsored Links
Aah... just when we had it all sorted out!

Very wise though if you're not sure though.

Just to clarify though, what you intend doing would turn the circuit into a 30 or 32 amp radial socket which is typically wired in a minimum of 4.0 mm2 cable.

30 or 32 amp ring socket circuits are typically wired in 2.5 mm2 cable.

But you are not obliged to take any notice and manufactures have been known to get it wrong.

So have contributors to forums.

If the OP decides to add to his 30A circuit in 2.5 cable, he should downgrade the CPD to 20A.

It is Neue, not Neve.

They are developed with Electrolux. But I still can't find the installation instructions!!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back