Corbyn and the budget

Sponsored Links
I thought it was quite a good speech if I'm honest.

I suppose it was if you're into sound bite political address. As for substance it was nothing more than I'd expect Corbyn to say while unable to give a good idea of how to fix it.

His party may even get another vote should they be able to offer a better alternative to the problem.

To be fair any leader of any opposition only has a couple of hours to pen together there response . They are not given prior details of any budget

They need another Robin Cook who was a very talented politician
At this type of thing

Sponsored Links
The whole government and opposition thing is a huge waste of resources. There must be a better option.

The whole government and opposition thing is a huge waste of resources. There must be a better option.

communism? :mrgreen:

on a serious note, one thing that does waste resources is the short term planning of 5 year government cycles. Hence why we have looming problems of PFI, student loans etc etc -kick the funding issue into the long grass for a future generation to deal with

communism? :mrgreen:

on a serious note, one thing that does waste resources is the short term planning of 5 year government cycles. Hence why we have looming problems of PFI, student loans etc etc -kick the funding issue into the long grass for a future generation to deal with

I've said it before........V

IMO, it's not really possible to sort anything out in our current electoral system - the proper decisions will alienate enough of the electorate to get you booted out after one term.
I've long held the belief (and someone else posted the same in another thread) of the benefit of a benevolent dictator - have a 25yr plan for the country, and work towards it. Retire at 55? Sure - but it'll cost you 35 yrs contributions at 50% income tax.
5yr terms just mean smoke and mirrors, and not upsetting so many people that you are denied a second crack at it.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/sortin-europe.297996/#ixzz5VQXcpbhx

IMO, it's not really possible to sort anything out in our current electoral system - the proper decisions will alienate enough of the electorate to get you booted out after one term.
Perhaps that is the intention and it just gives enough of a semblance of so-called democracy while enabling those really in charge to carry on unnoticed and unhindered.

This is shown by the chaos caused by the referendum's unexpected result and why there will never be another, at least on anything important.

Also shown by the efforts to ignore the result while giving the impression of complying with it to placate those who might cause disruption were it more blatantly done.

I've said it before........V

I've long held the belief (and someone else posted the same in another thread) of the benefit of a benevolent dictator - have a 25yr plan for the country, and work towards it. Retire at 55? Sure - but it'll cost you 35 yrs contributions at 50% income tax.
5yr terms just mean smoke and mirrors, and not upsetting so many people that you are denied a second crack at it.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/sortin-europe.297996/#ixzz5VQXcpbhx

Yep. It is too short term unless you split up the plan from the people executing the plan.

Never knew you were a supporter of a Caliphate lol. Maybe we should have an Emperor once our empire returns on 29/3/19 - Emperor Boris :mrgreen:

Yep. It is too short term unless you split up the plan from the people executing the plan.

Never knew you were a supporter of a Caliphate lol. Maybe we should have an Emperor once our empire returns on 29/3/19 - Emperor Boris :mrgreen:
As long as its not Corbyn/Maccy D/abbott

Sponsored Links
Back