Corbyn criticised by his own mps about Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Russians aren't the only state that bumps of those they perceive as threat, the Israelis do it quite often, they have even used British passports to gain entry to foreign states to carry out assassinations.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43415271
"The leaders of France, Germany, the US and UK say there is "no plausible alternative explanation" to Russia having been behind the nerve agent attack in the UK."

Yet Corbyn wants to think its Mafia related.. There must be easier ways to kill someone? I see most of his team are dodging the question when asked about if they think he'd be good in a national security crisis as PM.

Sorry, but if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, you don't need to wait for the DNA test procedures to know it is a duck. As has been said, the Ruskies developed this particular strain of nerve agent, and either they instigated the attack, or they've lost control of it.
What are they?

If you are claiming the moral high ground you ought to follow the internationally laid down procedures.

the procedure stipulated by the Chemical Weapons Convention should be followed.. Russia was entitled to have access to the substance in question and 10 days to respond
https://www.opcw.org/chemical-weapons-convention/
Not 24 hours!

But as I suggested, it is in TM's interest to whip up a political frenzy about an external threat.
Look how the Iraq WMD debacle transpired.

Whipping up a political frenzy leaves her open to just such allegations.
If TM had followed the laid down procedure rigorously, no such allegations could be made, and she would have full support of UN and its off-shoots (CWC)

Last edited:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43415271

Yet Corbyn wants to think its Mafia related.. There must be easier ways to kill someone? I see most of his team are dodging the question when asked about if they think he'd be good in a national security crisis as PM.

I'd rather have a PM that acts on evidence. Not a Blair charge to war.

We have enough idiots in power throughout the world.

https://www.opcw.org/chemical-weapons-convention/
Not 24 hours!

But as I suggested, it is in TM's interest to whip up a political frenzy about an external threat.
Look how the Iraq WMD debacle transpired.

Whipping up a political frenzy leaves her open to just such allegations.
If TM had followed the laid down procedure rigorously, no such allegations could be made, and she would have full support of UN and its off-shoots (CWC)
Waiting 10 days for Russia to deny any involvement when they have already denied involvement is a waste of time. They only benefit it would have given is to remove one of Corbyn's arguments and would have shown weakness and indecisiveness to Putin. Do you think for one minute that Putin would have followed those procedures if the situation was reversed? Putin is a bully, and unfortunately bullies often only respond to a strong response. I'm sure that the 'robust dialogue' that Corbyn has proposed is music to Putin's ears and will reinforce his efforts to influence the next election, whenever that may be.

May already has the support of the countries that matter in this ie USA, France and Germany. The UN is toothless at best as Russia has a veto on any action they might take.

Not a nerve agent :LOL:

Wasn't Corbyn leadership contest part funded by Arafat supporters?
Nothing sensible to say, but feels he must say something. :rolleyes:

You still trying to grapple with reclaiming your credibility?
You are wasting your time with comments like that. :rolleyes:

I'd rather have a PM that acts on evidence. Not a Blair charge to war.

We have enough idiots in power throughout the world.

Blair had an agenda and found evidence to support his agenda.

We've had a sophisticated chemical weapon, developed by Russia, used on in our own country that has injured an innocent policeman who went to aid the individuals involved in the attack. This is not a war overseas, this is something that has happened here.

Unless the chemical weapons experts at Porton Down have lied about what the chemical agent is, what further evidence do you need? Russia has either used the chemical weapon or lost control of a chemical weapon. The former is an attack directly on us, the latter demands an apology from Russia which has been noticeably absent. In fact, Russia have been aggressive in their response.

In my opinion, Theresa May has been quite restrained in her response. She did not jump to a conclusion, she waited for the evidence to be gathered by our security services and then acted on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back