Cordless Drill purchase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, newbie here and 1st post :oops: I need a new one and i am unsure about all that are available. I am a keen Diyer and i have £100 to spend, preferably less if i can. The Ryobi LCD 14022 14.4 v seems to suit me at £70 on Ebay. Anyone with recommends please? :)

Sponsored Links
Look around for an 18v, a little dearer but more bang for your buck.

Keep your eyes out as they are almost always on offer somewhere in various forms and packages. I have an 18v ryobi which has had a lot of work and is very good.

Define your usage first

18v are big and heavy and no good for protracted use or light drilling/driving such as cabinet assembly or putting up some shelving

14v and 12v are good for frequent use, but may not have the weight or oomph for harder materials.

A lithium battery will hold its charge and so will be available for use after weeks of non-use, where as normal rechargeables will lose charge when not in use. Lithium batteries are much lighter too.

Look for the Ah ratings of the batteries as 1.3 Ah ones will not last as long on a charge as say a 2.4 Ah ones

Screwfix or B&Q generally have good offers on Makita kits for under £100

Sponsored Links
And thanks to

The Ryobi DIY Light To Medium Trade Pope for 2010

and hope he is as productive and informative through 2011 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back